MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Jayocam

Member Name: Jayocam
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Marseille
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
Amazing value (2 adults and 2 kids) - Gorgeous Ship

Sailed on the MSC Splendida in April 13. Went with my wife and 2 kids, 9 & 11. Boarded in Marseilles for 1 week.

This was our first cruise. It will most definitely not be our last.

I read with interest different good and bad reviews of this ship before I booked. I have to say, how anybody could fault it and MSC is beyond me. The ship was simply stunning, the facilities excellent, the food amazing, entertainment brilliant, spotless, and the staff incredibly warm, friendly and supportive.

We chose the all-inclusive package through www.cruiseparadise.ie and it was well worth it. We had paid it back after 21/2 days, as it included all drinks, cocktails, spirits, wines and beers. All water, kids ice creams etc.

If you decide not for that option, be aware that prices for drinks are slightly more expensive than at home in Ireland. Expect €8 a cocktail, €7.50 for a G&T, €5.50 for a bottle of beer, €5 for an ice cream. The all inc pack was very affordable at €480 for the 4 of us for the week. Well worth it.

Why MSC? For me it was because kids under 11 travel free (bar port taxes etc.) This meant it was very accessible and affordable for us for the first cruise.

Will we ever travel with them again? Absolutely, can’t wait to go again.

The kids loved it, the ship, the pools, the clubs, the friendships made.

Boarding and disembarking was seamless and fast.

We had absolutely no hidden charges applied.

The room (a balcony) was the right size, was really luxurious, and the beds very comfy.

The ports were well located.

Average age on board was 38, plenty of kids, families, couples and groups. A mixture of Nationalities.

If there is a negative it is that some people have no manners and are pushy in lifts etc. That is in no way a bad reflection on MSC, the ship or the holiday, just on them people, so if you can accept that not everybody is as mannerly as us then you will enjoy it.

We chose to make our own way there and back, with me taking the ferry over and driving down (meaning we could have a few days afterwards in Paris, and could fill up with wine etc.) - Not everybodys cup of tea, but I love driving in France.

Very quickly the ship becomes to feel like home. What more can I say?

Publication Date: 01/10/14