“Disappointed”

Sharon1225 Celebrity Constellation 2 Disappointed
Sharon1225
Member Since 2014
Overall Member Rating

We were disappointed with the ship. I'm surprised that it has a 5 star rating because it's an old ship and looks old. It's been refurbished, but mostly what they did was add the aqua level which costs a lot more unless one is a high level frequent cruiser on Celebrity. I think the rest of the ship would get a much lower rating.

The food in the main dining room wasn't good. The buffet food did taste good, but it was so crowded that it was stressful. We had beverage packages. I envisioned relaxing by the pool or on the upper deck and having waiters bring me drinks. There were only a few waiters walking around taking drink orders. Since the inside bars were closed during the day even when at sea, the bartenders on the decks were rushed and there was always a crowd waiting to place an order. That was stressful. The pool and deck chairs were crowded together to the point that they were all touching. There was no space between the chairs to set a drink or beach bag. It was difficult getting in and out of the deck chairs. The worst part was that strangers were squeezed together up close and personal in swim suits. That was not relaxing but stressful.

We have no complaints about the cabin. The stewards were great. I missed not having ice in our room. That's a service they stopped unless someone requested it. We never got around to requesting it. The room was clean and neat and the stewards were friendly.

I liked the drink packages. We could have all the drinks we wanted but just not in a relaxing or fun atmosphere. We can also stay home and get all the drinks we want.

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Port

Key West is a good port. We vacationed there just a few weeks earlier. We did all the tours then, so we didn't do any excursions. We just went to early mass and walked around for awhile. We loved the basilica in Key West and liked the priest. That was a very good experience. My husband and his friend went back out for a visit to a historic bar, Captain Tony's.

On our earlier vacation in Key West, we enjoyed visiting Hemmingway's home and the Little White House. I would highly recommend that. The trolly is also very good. You can get on and off when you want. That's more fun when you have more time.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 01/10/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Constellation Review
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?