Riviera Cruise Review by carolroy1: Not perfect but really very good
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Riviera Eastern Caribbean Cruises
Not perfect but really very good
The embarkation was very easy, though it was busy. We dropped off our hand luggage in our cabin and then went to have a buffet lunch. Everyone smiles! A very nice atmosphere.
The gym has excellent, modern equipment. There is an excellent choice of DVDs to watch in the cabin. The library must be the largest on a small ship.
1. $27.99 per day for wifi! Much cheaper off ship. e.g. in Grand Turk in the shopping area in the port go to "Froots" where it is free. In other ports we went to a café and for the cost of a drink were able to log on. In Castries, St. Lucia wifi in shopping centre in port area costs $5 per appliance for whole day.
2. Head phones at gym cost $9. Bring your own.
3. They add 18% to every liquor item from a drink to a bottle of wine. Why? Wine prices are similar to those in a good restaurant. The wine selection is good.
4. The food is very good with a good selection in the four speciality More restaurants...difficult but not impossible to get additional reservations.
5. The buffet restaurant for dinner is nice with a good selection. Be aware! Though in all the other restaurants one can get to the restaurant at 9pm, at the buffet restaurant they start clearing the food away promptly at 9pm. We had arrived at 8:45pm, no one warned us that the food was about to disappear.
6. Polo, Toscana, and Jacques and well worth going to. The lobster in Polo is very good!
If one does not enjoy water sports, there is not much to do in the Caribbean Islands. We did enjoy visiting George Washington's house on Barbados. This was more a "reading" holiday. The black and white chairs on Deck 14 are very comfortable. The music near the pool is not too loud...a blessing!
We have cruised with Oceania 4 or 5 times now. The service is good, people smile, the afternoon tea is good. A lovely cruise line. Less
Read more Riviera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Riviera Review >>
Cabin review: Riviera 10089
We were in Cabin 10089, concierge level. There is a small balcony. The bed is very comfortable and nice toiletries are provided. Lots of towels. A bottle of Champagne was cooling when we arrived. We never heard a sound from either side of us. The concierge lounge on Level 9 is a bonus.