Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by SusannElisa73: Worst Cruise Ever!!!!

SusannElisa73

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Worst Cruise Ever!!!!

Sail Date: January 2014

I'm not one for writing reviews over petty nonsense but my experience on the Epic could not go unheard.

We embarked on December 28th and had an easy embarkation process. I was disappointed to walk into the ship without the usual champagne greeting, nor a lavish atrium, you walk straight into the casino basically. It seems the only reason the Epic is larger is by adding more cabins (cutting them in size) and making an entire floor of the ship a casino.

The service on the Epic was the worst service I've ever experienced on a cruise ship. This was a New Years sailing and we made reservations at Cagneys - the nicest of the specialty restaurants for New Years Eve. Our reservations were made on line weeks before sailing. After not being served for over 2 hours we walked out hungry and without dinner on New Years Eve. We were told to come back any night and they would make up for it. We went back on our last night and it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to serve two people. More There were 3 chefs making meals to order in a restaurant of easily 200 guests.

The bartenders do not serve (in order) of who's at the bar first. They also see you standing there and turn their backs and ignore you for as long as they please.

We also had a creepy stalker who kept banging on our cabin door every night at 3 am. We tried calling security three times and there was no answer. There was also no answer when trying to call the operator. On a ship of over 4000 passengers we did not see one security person until the last night, when we say three hanging out together drinking coffee.

The buffet food was mediocre.

The comedy show and Cirque were so terrible we walked out of both. We never got to see Blue Man Group because they were the same nights we got stuck at Cagneys and missed the show.

Room service menu: Pizza (which you have to pay for) a few crappy sandwiches, caesar salad, some fruit chunks and brownies basically.

Rooms - we had an aft facing balcony. Balcony wasn't too small as we had a corner. Room was so tiny, I'm 5'7" and my feet and ankles hung off the bed.

NO BELLS AND WHISTLES ON THIS SHIP.

The icing on the cake was the internet charges that we didn't incur. And the service fees which, for my first cruise ever, I chose to debate at guest services. We were told each fee in dispute needed to be disputed with each department individually. So we were told to come back first thing in the morning when there was a manager on duty. (Why wouldn't there be a manager on duty the last night when the folio's are handed out!???) We woke up extra early only to be given a business card with a 1-800 customer service number to call when we got home and not a single charge removed from our bills.

I will never cruise with Norwegian again. This was my third and two out of three were NOT good experiences. The security issue being by biggest concern. There is not enough staff to accommodate the amount of passengers on board. The ship is large and ugly. And if you're not a gambler I feel you'd be bored to tears by day 3.

Oh and one more thing - pool chairs!!! People literally had to get up at 5 am to reserve a chair. With 4 days at sea that's the last thing anyone wants to worry about on vacation!! There were not enough chairs for everyone. People were getting into arguments over reserved chairs not being used.

OVERALL NOT A GOOD CRUISE. Less