Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Mom of 3 smart boys: It was fun, but there are not many food options for vegetarians.

Mom of 3 smart boys
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

It was fun, but there are not many food options for vegetarians.

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

The ship was ok and clean. They provided us with robes, lots of towels, shampoo (not so good quality) and shower gel. Some members of the crew were extremely helpful and kind, others not so much.

We loved the Comedy Shows, but did not like too much the musical show (I do not remember the name, but I think it was something like Motor City.

My kids had lots of fun in the Carnival Camp. They colored shirts, played with bubbles, had the opportunity to have their faces painted, listened to stories, and they even ate dinner there once.

We are vegetarian and had lot of trouble finding food to eat. They have a barbeque open until late, but they do not have veggie burgers. The formal restaurants had Indian vegetarian food in their menu the first night, but it was too spicy for us. The buffet didn't have any american food until Sunday, so they didn't have anything such as mash potatoes or mac and cheese. We ate lots of pizza, which is available 24 hours at day. It was More fast and delicious!

My son had a headache, and so I took him to the nurse station to get some Tylenol. They charged me $10 for a bottle of acetaminophen, and they offered me to have my son being seen by a doctor for $150, but I didn't think he needed a doctor yet.

We played mini-golf, used the spa, the water slides (only one of my sons, because it wasn't hot enough for me), and played some board games in the library. The gym is awesome, and they have track to run, around the mini-golf.

We had fun, and enjoyed our trip. We didn't like the food, except fro few things, such as the pizza, and some desserts (lava chocolate cake from the fine restaurants is excellent).

We also like the fact that they took very nice pictures of us with beautiful backgrounds. They were expensive and I ended up spending $92 on them, but totally worth it!

If this is your first cruise, I want to tell you something that I found out hours after I got home. You may suffer from vertigo for few days. It took me 3 days to stop feeling like in the ship.

Have fun! Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration U189

The room had a nice size window, which my boys really enjoyed. It was ready for us when we got there. The bathroom was small but decent, and very clean. We were 5 in the room (2 adults, and 3 young children). My youngest one slept on a mobile cot that had a twin matress on top. You can push it under the bed. If you don't you won't be able to walk in the room.

We just bought souvenirs while we were at the port. We did not want to take any excursion. We traveled with our kids, and didn't want to leave them in the ship, or take them into Ensenada.

Read 244 Ensenada Reviews