Norwegian Epic 3

“Norwegian should take some classes from Disney!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

drdotbrown
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

I'll start with the fact that I did enjoy myself because we were in the warmth and not the snow!!! The embarkation was fine, took a little while but when you have to put 4000 people on a ship, I tends to take some time.

When we entered our cabin, the design didn't bother as much as how small it was. Two people could not pass the bed at the same time. I found chips on the floor, dirty carpet. My husband and I had adjoining rooms w/ the kids(age 8&10). The beds were small and uncomfortable. Poor design!

The food was pretty bad! Breakfast buffet was ok, Kids and I ate eggs benedict everyday! Tried to skip lunch and the dinner in the main dining rooms was bad!

New Year's eve, we had reservations at Taste for 14! 8 kids and 6 adults! The lobster was fine but the "turf" was dog food! This could not be called Meat! I was seriously considering becoming a vegetarian after this cruise. Horrible!

We ate at the Sushi place for a snack, it was ok. Watered More down miso.

The Chinese place was pretty good but of course is was an up charge, Brazilian steakhouse again ok! Better than the main dining area!

Shows were good! Blue man group is always entertaining! Cirque, awesome, but bad food!!! Slime show was fun and the impersonator show was great!

The art auction was fun and we did purchase a wonderful piece of art.

We did have an issue w/ the wine package that we purchased but was handled the next day.

All in all, I would not travel on NCL again! It may seem a little less expensive at first but trust me after all is said and done, you end up paying!!!

We have cruised on other lines and NCL just doesn't have it down. Cleanliness, Politeness, Entertainment for kids(my kids hated their kid's club, said the counselors were rude and boring!)

I still enjoyed myself but this cruise could have been awesome, Disney could teach them a thing or two! Less

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

13133
Elevators were a pain, we did the stairs most of the time!

Published 01/08/14

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?