Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Jordi1701

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Jordi1701
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: Jordi1701
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tenerife
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
New year cruise

Let me first say we had a brilliant time with a lovely cabin and the food we had was great, we have cruised many times with Island cruises and Thomson - 4 on the island escape,2 on destiny,1 on dream all in the Med but decided this year as it was special birthdays etc that we would do new year and upgrade to deluxe cabin etc.

We arrived but it took us a while to get through check in as system had crashed but that is just IT, once on board our bags arrived within minutes.

We went to Horizons for a drink to get over 10 hrs of travel and waiting and got talking to a guest who had been on a week already who said that we should avoid the Meridian restaurant due to service issues this did not set us off to a good start but did follow a patten from Destiny and Dream where we had met these issues before.

I will say however the Lido was excellent and my heart rose to see you had staff serving you with food where normally it would be a free for all.

The destinations were great but would ditch agidir and stay in Madiera.

What I would say is that calling something platinum does not make it so and that is the case with celebration as I cannot see a difference between it and all the other ships I have been on given a choice Destiny would win every time.

I have one gripe and one only that is the extras you are now offered 9.95 to get the best seats in the show lounge a charge to have a steak outside this with this one we were asked to move to make way for this.

I would say this my first cruise was with Island Cruises in 2003 and it did what it said on the tin and we went back 3 further times. I suspect that this is the case with a lot of people you accept you are on a 30 year old ship but Thomson need to realise that they could end up loosing there core customer.

That said had a great time and am looking to book again.

Publication Date: 01/08/14
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Canary Islands Cruise Reviews