Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by corinnalv: We loved the Carnival Breeze...we are hooked on cruising now!

corinnalv
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

We loved the Carnival Breeze...we are hooked on cruising now!

Sail Date: December 2013

We were first time cruisers and we are now officially hooked and already researching our next cruise. We chose the Breeze because it was a newer ship, and the water slides and ropes course looked fun for the kids. I was right, the kids had a blast but so did us adults. The food was terrific. We loved Guy Fieri's Burger Joint. My kids must have had 75 ice cream cones at the all you can eat 24 hr self serve Swirls section. My kids ages 12, 12 & 10 often went off on their own and we never worried about them at all. I personally loved the Dive In movies each night. It was so nice to sit on the Lido deck and watch a good movie. I got myself a beautiful bracelet for an excellent price while on board. Who knew shopping on a ship was so great?

We did excursions in all 3 ports. The one I was most leery about was Jamaica and it was the one I think I enjoyed the most. The people were so friendly and warm and welcoming. Their island is gorgeous. We did the Bobsled and climbed Dunn's More River Falls. It was so fun and something we will remember for ever. Our next stop in Grand Caymen wasn't as nice in my opinion. Once we got off the boat it was nothing like our experience in Jamaica. The people were not that friendly. It was a lot of standing around and waiting. We had a slow boat out to the stingray sandbar, it took us about 40 minutes to get there. The captain didn't make it fun, didn't talk to us at all hardly. We were only there for maybe 25 minutes then another slow boat ride to a beach where we were allowed 1 hour, then another 45 minute boat ride back to ride a bus back to town. I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

We had connecting cabins, 9271 & 9273. Upon arrival it was all set to perfection for our family. One cabin was made into a king bed for myself and my husband. The other was set to 3 single beds for our 3 boys. It was close to elevators. The balconies opened up to connect as well. I loved that. My only complaint about this particular cabin location is we were right across from a service pantry so we often heard ice buckets clanking or the housekeeping staff talking early in the morning. Other than that, loved the cabins and location.

All in all we had the best time on this cruise. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone and Carnival was AMAZING. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 9271

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party

Cozumel was fantastic. We did the catamaran ride to snorkel and beach with toys. The crew on this excursion were fantastic. They were so friendly. The place they took us to snorkel was terrific. We saw lots of fish and a small sting ray and the reef is so pretty. The guys were funny and entertaining on our way to the beach. They explained everything and so we basically just got off and had fun. The beach portion is great, I gave a try to SUPing (stand up paddle board). My husband and the kids loved the slide and obstacle course. When we got back to town we ventured outside the marketplace. We found a great little Mexican food place. I would highly recommend this excursion.

Beach Break

(5)

The beach itself was nice, Rum Point Beach, but we didn't have enough time to really enjoy. Too bad.

Stingray Swim

(2)

We did the StingRay City Sandbar and Rum Point Beach excursion. Once we got off the boat it was nothing like our experience in Jamaica. The people were not that friendly. It was a lot of standing around and waiting. We had a slow boat out to the stingray sandbar, it took us about 40 minutes to get there. The captain didn't make it fun, didn't talk to us at all hardly. We were only there for maybe 25 minutes then another slow boat ride to a beach where we were allowed 1 hour, then another 45 minute boat ride back to ride a bus back to town. I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

Bobsled Tour

This was a highlight on our trip. We all loved the boblseds. They were so fun. I only wish we went one more time. After riding we had about an hour to swim at their pool. My kids loved that, and the water slide. The people up there on top of the mountain were so nice. The chair lift ride up and down was so pretty. I would definitely do this exact excursion again it was that fun.

Dunn's River Falls

Fantastic once in a life time experience. The water was chilly at first, but so worth it. The guides that took us up this trek were nice and fun. They made us stop and sit in the waterfall. They we all got to slide down a real rock slide. Our group all got to fall into the water backwards. These are things I would never do on my own, but they encouraged us all to do it and I'm so glad they did. It was a lot of fun.