Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by corinnalv

Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: corinnalv
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

We loved the Carnival Breeze...we are hooked on cruising now!

We were first time cruisers and we are now officially hooked and already researching our next cruise. We chose the Breeze because it was a newer ship, and the water slides and ropes course looked fun for the kids. I was right, the kids had a blast but so did us adults. The food was terrific. We loved Guy Fieri's Burger Joint. My kids must have had 75 ice cream cones at the all you can eat 24 hr self serve Swirls section. My kids ages 12, 12 & 10 often went off on their own and we never worried about them at all. I personally loved the Dive In movies each night. It was so nice to sit on the Lido deck and watch a good movie. I got myself a beautiful bracelet for an excellent price while on board. Who knew shopping on a ship was so great?

We did excursions in all 3 ports. The one I was most leery about was Jamaica and it was the one I think I enjoyed the most. The people were so friendly and warm and welcoming. Their island is gorgeous. We did the Bobsled and climbed Dunn's River Falls. It was so fun and something we will remember for ever. Our next stop in Grand Caymen wasn't as nice in my opinion. Once we got off the boat it was nothing like our experience in Jamaica. The people were not that friendly. It was a lot of standing around and waiting. We had a slow boat out to the stingray sandbar, it took us about 40 minutes to get there. The captain didn't make it fun, didn't talk to us at all hardly. We were only there for maybe 25 minutes then another slow boat ride to a beach where we were allowed 1 hour, then another 45 minute boat ride back to ride a bus back to town. I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

We had connecting cabins, 9271 & 9273. Upon arrival it was all set to perfection for our family. One cabin was made into a king bed for myself and my husband. The other was set to 3 single beds for our 3 boys. It was close to elevators. The balconies opened up to connect as well. I loved that. My only complaint about this particular cabin location is we were right across from a service pantry so we often heard ice buckets clanking or the housekeeping staff talking early in the morning. Other than that, loved the cabins and location.

All in all we had the best time on this cruise. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone and Carnival was AMAZING.

Publication Date: 01/08/14