Oosterdam Cruise Review by Bpatt: Xmas cruise disgrace

Xmas cruise disgrace

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I and my husband were another two of the unfortunates that chose the Xmas new year cruise. Dirty towels in our cabin from previous passengers was our first encounter . Bookings I had made and paid for ,on board restaurants were mislaid, when I turned up at arranged time was told too come back in 1/2 an hour and they would try and fit us in.The house staff were over worked so things such as a half drank coffee cup sat on my bedside table for 4 days. A passenger at our dinning table dropped a knife which was still there two days latter. Getting a drink at the 6pm quizz at the crows nest bar was nearly impossible. I ordered a banana dacqueri which was un drinkable when I stated that it didn't even taste like banana I was informed that they do not use real fruit in any of there cocktails.Getting a drink at the Vista dinning room took up to 3/4 of an hour and another hour to get your card back.Waiters worked there hardest but there was just not enough staff,so we regularly missed the More show.Often the liddo cafeteria was the only option for lunch, and there was not enough tables for the amount of people.Attention to detail was lacking, ordered room service yogurt arrived with no spoon and cheese and biscuits arrived without biscuits. The explorer caffe ran out of regular cups half way through cruise so passengers were told they must pay for large cups until these also ran out. By the end of the cruise they had run out of numerous items including many beers. I feel that organisational skills were lacking. Any complaints were addressed with arrogance and dismissed . I like many will never travel with HAL again. Less

Read more Oosterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oosterdam Review >>

Cabin review: Oosterdam 7129

Room was small but comfortable. Hair dryer in room not so efficient suggest bringing your own. Not enough room stewards , so cabins not always serviced.