Pride of America Cruise Review by busygirl53

Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: B7

Bored out of our minds

The ship was clean and all staff was very helpful. This was my 6th cruise so I am not new to cruise lines and have been on several different cruise lines. Food was the same every day in the buffets. Dining room menus were alot better but portions were so very small. I am a small women but still portions were small. The lack entertainment while on the ship was so very bad. If you have kid under 12 the kids club is probably fine. If you are any other age you can plan on eating dinner then going to bed. I am 51 and my children 20 and 23.

Off the ship you are on your own or you can do excursions which were good, pricey but good. On the ship at night was where the problems were. The evening shows and lounges consisted of Frankie Valle and the 4 seasons impersonators, a really old comic, a lady that was playing Billy Joel songs on the piano that did not have a good voice. So where with these choices were we to go? It wasnt just my kids it was myself not having anything to do. No dancing club, no casino (I dont gamble either way but people do), no place to hang out and do anything really. only one guy that played the guitar pretty good but he was in a wine bar area. It was alot of money to have no nightly appropriate entertainment. Other cruises have had dancing, or comedy that was age appropriate, or magic shows, or SOMETHING!!!

I will never take another Norwegian cruise and neither will either of my children ever again. To be in your cabin by 930 every night and then to not even have movies to watch in your cabin? Come on! If you are going to go on a vacation spend your money on Carnvial where there is something for everyone or try another one like Royal Carribean.

Publication Date: 01/08/14