MSC Divina Cruise Review by GOLDENBONNY

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: GOLDENBONNY
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
18 days Divina

WE just back form 18 days cruise on beautiful MSC Divina. We had back to back Dec- 10-2013+Dec -21-2013 Xmas cruise. I will try to put some photos if I figure out how.) WE are family of 3 with lots of previous cruises on HAL,CCL,Costa,NCL,MSC. English is not my firs language so please forgive me if you see some mistakes.

We flayed day before to Miami and stayed in Double Tree Hilton DT. Very nice hotel with biggest room we ever had in budget hotel and very nice view. Big plus you don’t have to go out from there they have many restaurants and shops inside facilities. Peking Duck in Chinese restaurant was a very good start for our vacation.)))

Now back to Divina.

Embarkation –very fast and organized .We came 10:30 by 12: 30 we had lunch in buffet) Our room was not ready right away as on 2 previous cruises on Poesia not a big deal but we loved this perk from MSC very much. Hate to go around the ship with my carryon luggage.

Cabin- we had balcony cabin on deck 10 mid ship and it was amazing! Biggest cabin we ever had . even after pulling out sofa bed we had lots of space to go on balcony and back .Sofa bed was huge as well- full size not love seat size 2 adults could sleep there no problem ) Shower doors instead of curtains ,lots of space in closet ,lots of hangers . On our 2 Poesia cruises our room was made up in no time( by ghost ?) even we would leave it for 15 min) This time on first day in sea we came back from pool at 1 pm and room was not ready.((( Room attendant knocked on the door and asked me what time she can clean up ,we told he that now it’s too late and our DD taking nap this time. After 15 min we got a note under the door asking us to let reception know when we need room to be clean. We did so on our way to coffee break and by the time we back to cabin (20 min or so ) room was ready. Never happened again in 17 days )Room was always ready right away after we leave it.

Ship – I don’t know what to say. She is beautiful and very clean but…. Poesia touched us much more. Something wrong with layout. Lots of elevators but most of them hidden in corners and people go to one in the middle . you just need to go 10 steps back or forward and go on empty elevator but no ,everyone will squeeze in central one)) Public washrooms…. Really in airports they look nicer. All Bars are somehow separated and many times to go from place to place you had to go throw big crowd .Very low chandeliers in Jazz Bar be careful when you stand up if you are toll ,my Dh hit his head twice badly . Nice to have close roof pool but whose idea was to put very sleeper tiles around it??? Central pool is very nice but almost no space near stage to dance or sports.

Entertainment – Best shows in sea!!! Really we watched all of them twice never got tired. What a wonderful team of singers. Don’t miss any show.!!!

Entertainment team- Finally good cruise director. ) He made some mistakes – Xmas eve was not formal night it was White party ,Xmas day again 60-70-80…..really? most of the ship still wear Tax and red dresses. I talked to people no one loved the idea of 60-70- party on Xmas day. Rest of team… I don’t know …maybe ship is too big and not enough of them but team on Poesia was much better . No Marriage game no mister Pizza game ( Head of team (don’t remember name ) very rude maybe he is rude to his team as well so that’s the reason.

Food- DR food had huge improvement , I would say they easy could be compare to HAL food now if not better . We even eat steak ,yes its become very nice as all other meat dishes. ))) Appetizers ,soups ,pasta dishes and don’t forget chilled soup ,specially Gazpacho ))) Buffet food- probably it’s an improvement but we missed fried calamari and arugula every day like on Poesia. (But it’s my taste not majority taste I guess ( Don’t stay in beginning of buffet go to back lots of space and lots of different food. Don’t miss Cantina de Boca Bar they have Pizza from Haven over there .yes, you have to pay $9-$12 but it’s amazing plus they serve you free appetizers with drink there.

Service- We got very slow and annoying waiter on first cruise .Really I never met waiter like this….. Meter D’ had to bring food by himself for our DD so she could go to kids Club fast. (Second cruise we change table and had no problem at all. Service in all bars was very good, especially in Cantina de Boca ,really amazing staff works there. Never had any problem in any other bar .

Kids Club – I have to say those people made a miracle on Xmas cruise!!!! I really wonna know who’s idea was to put 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids on Xmas cruise. Did they see size of kids club????? Did they count how many kids they put on each staff member to watch??????? MSC management please come for next Xmas cruise and see what those people going trough . It’s very stupid idea to let kids sail free on Holydays. Once again I cannot thank those people from kids club enough. My DD loved every minute she spend there.

Overall we had good cruise ,we got much more that we paid for. We will cruise with MSC again for sure we are Golden members now) We will not cruise on Divina probably again specially on Holydays with kids sail free program .

Publication Date: 01/07/14