“I would say this is the Walmart of Cruises”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

Koozie72 Carnival Glory 3 I would say this is the Walmart of Cruises
Koozie72
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

It was on the low end as far as the food, service and atmosphere that I am accustomed to.

CONS - Compared to cruises I have taken on other ships with other lines, the overall experience felt very low-end. The food in the dining room was terrible quality. The shrimp cocktail were slimy and small. The steak was so tough I could not even cut it.

There was not adequate means of egress around the outdoor decks, there was barely enough room to walk by if there was someone else walking the other direction. The ship always felt crowded. The pools were small and cold. The staff was not overly friendly.The sports deck was a joke. The megatron seemed to be playing the same movies over and over. Although EA Sports Bar was great, it was too small to accommodate the quantity of guests who wanted to utilize it. The casino is basically a NO WIN situation offering terrible odds that are not comparable to Atlantic City or Vegas and they charge you for drinks while gambling. Boarding was a major chore at every port and was excessively slow. I would like to have seen more hand sanitizer stations. Bathrooms had a bad odor, even the one in my cabin towards the end of the trip. Staff should be friendlier. Internet was overpriced and of poor quality.

PROS - Guys Burger joint was incredibly addictive. We all called them "crack burgers". Taco/ burrito stand was great, good variety of fresh ingredients. Pizza place was excellent. The drinks were very good all around. The steak house was great. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the entertainment, especially the comedians. NFL playoffs on megatron was great idea and I really enjoyed it. Disembarkation was well executed. Housekeeping did a great job.

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1101
Cabin was pretty much as expected, slightly smaller than other cruises I have been on. I loved the location.

Snorkeling

When we arrived at the beach near Margaritaville, we booked a boat on our own with Daniel at Crystal Seas Adventures. I am a licensed Captain, with a lifetime of experience. I felt very confident in the boat and captain, in addition we had a great time. Daniel took us to 2 awesome snorkeling locations and then to an area away from the crowds to walk around, eat local fare at Barbie's and do a little shopping. We had a large group including small kids and everyone agreed that this was the highlight of our cruise.

Published 01/07/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?