Richard With Cruise Review by buggins: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten Richard With

Richard With 2
Member Since 2007
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Norway cruise on Hurtigruten Richard With

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Bergen

We've just returned from a Christmas and New year cruise - 21st Dec 2013 to 2nd Jan 2014. To say that joining the ship was a shambles would be an understatement.

We arrived at Bergen airport - no signs to where to pick up the bus! Eventually found the bus - it was full. Driver said he wasn't expecting so many ( surely they would know?). Next bus another hour.... leaving about 40 of us standing out in the cold. Then after 50 minutes 2 buses turned up!

On arriving at the Hurtigruten terminal at approx 1.30pm we're told we can't go on board until 3pm, so we went for a walk around Bergen to get something to eat. On arriving back at the terminal, we get through the check in and proceed to the cafeteria (closed). We're then told we can't board the ship until 4pm. Considering we'd been up since 4am, if was wearing a bit thin. At 4pm, expecting to at last get on board, they decide to show us a safety film for 15 minutes. If this is the Hurtigruten 'they know how to run More ships' , I'm not impressed.

The ship itself was comfortable enough and the food for the first 3 days nice (I don't eat fish and don't fancy reindeer stew). However, it then deteriorated for most of the rest of the cruise - I'm talking main courses. Soups were good and desserts excellent. Staff were superb. It doesn't seem that they cater much for British tastes - probably 60% of the passengers. Even my partner, who loves fish was feeling 'overfished'. Breakfast variety could certainly be improved, with very little effort. Less

Published 01/07/14

Read more Richard With cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Richard With Review >>

Cabin review: 623

cabin 623 - view totally obstructed by a lifeboat - not mentioned when I booked.

Member Since 2007
2 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?