Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by edeel5

Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: edeel5
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Carnival Sunshine just okay.

The Sunshine is a nice ship, but it doesn't have space for the everyone for the events it holds. It always felt crowded. For the first three days the maintenance staff was working on something around our room, with banging and noise all the time. It would settle down by the time we went to bed, but it was very annoying. The noise seemed to come from one side of the wall, then it sounded like they were working under the floor. I found the layout of the ship a little confusing especially the 4th and 5th floors.

The shows were cancelled almost every night but two. They had the comedians fill in one night, but we had seen the comedians before and heard almost the same exact jokes. Then they did have one of their 8 performers do a solo show which turned out great.

The dining room experience was great. We loved our waiters, and the wait staff put on little shows a few nights which we all enjoyed.

The biggest waste of money is buying the Fun Finds coupon book for $25.00. What a rip off. They give you a few free things but wait until you see what they are! Everything free probably doesn't add up to $5.00, so I don't know why you have to buy the book for $25.00. Two businesses advertised free rings, which you know aren't going to be real or expensive, but they were plastic rings that I promise you would get in gum ball machines. The funny thing was when we were looking in the bowl at the rings and a salesperson came up to me to see if I was taking more than one. I told her no, but if I did I'd give her a penny for it. Unless you are making major purchases, don't bother to buy this book. At least look through it before doing so. I heard other people complaining about what a rip off it was and I suggested that they write a review like I was going to do so that no one else gets ripped off.

Publication Date: 01/07/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by edeel5
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review