Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by edeel5: Carnival Sunshine just okay.

edeel5
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Sunshine just okay.

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

The Sunshine is a nice ship, but it doesn't have space for the everyone for the events it holds. It always felt crowded. For the first three days the maintenance staff was working on something around our room, with banging and noise all the time. It would settle down by the time we went to bed, but it was very annoying. The noise seemed to come from one side of the wall, then it sounded like they were working under the floor. I found the layout of the ship a little confusing especially the 4th and 5th floors.

The shows were cancelled almost every night but two. They had the comedians fill in one night, but we had seen the comedians before and heard almost the same exact jokes. Then they did have one of their 8 performers do a solo show which turned out great.

The dining room experience was great. We loved our waiters, and the wait staff put on little shows a few nights which we all enjoyed.

The biggest waste of money is buying the Fun Finds coupon book for More $25.00. What a rip off. They give you a few free things but wait until you see what they are! Everything free probably doesn't add up to $5.00, so I don't know why you have to buy the book for $25.00. Two businesses advertised free rings, which you know aren't going to be real or expensive, but they were plastic rings that I promise you would get in gum ball machines. The funny thing was when we were looking in the bowl at the rings and a salesperson came up to me to see if I was taking more than one. I told her no, but if I did I'd give her a penny for it. Unless you are making major purchases, don't bother to buy this book. At least look through it before doing so. I heard other people complaining about what a rip off it was and I suggested that they write a review like I was going to do so that no one else gets ripped off. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 1556

The cabin was nice but the maintenance crew was making repairs that sounded like next door to us and underneath us and there was banging and noise for the first three days, which was very annoying.

Beach Break

(5)

This was a relaxing excursion. The boat ride to get there takes time but it's a nice ride. I thought the boat was going to be different but I was glad it was big because the water gets rough. The island is very pretty. The staff was very nice. We enjoyed the lunch and there were many kinds of drinks you could order. The staff does mention too many times about the tips and who and who doesn't get what. Very confusing. I didn't know who to tip.

Hell

(3)

Hell was okay. Of course I sent myself a postcard from Hell.

Read 33 Hell Reviews

Island Tour

(4)

The bus ride was nice, and the island is nice. I thought we were going to the Rum Factory but we didn't.

Semi Submarine Tour

(5)

The submarine was nice. You don't see many fish until they feed them. There are no big fish.

Turtle Farm

(5)

I didn't think I would enjoy this but I really did. It was amazing to see those huge turtles. And the shells and the color of the turtles' bodies were pretty. Also liked the iguanas.

Island Tour

(5)

When we disembarked from the ship we thought we could walk into town which was not the case. We decided to take a taxi tour. The cost was $25.00 each for up to three hours. The tour was very nice and we got to see the whole city. The driver was a very good tour guide. The driver also took us to the Shoppes at Rose Hall and then downtown to shop. She parked and waited for us to go into several stores to shop and then brought us back to the ship. It was a very pleasant day.