Safari Explorer 3

“The Un-Cruise Adventures ranks second out of two.”
Cruise review of Un-cruise Safari Explorer

Bombo
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

All in all we had a lot of fun. No matter, in hindsight about one week after disembarkation in Hawaii, I remain less than satisfied with the overall experience. The Un-Cruise Adventures aboard the Safari Explorer was my second small cruise experience and it ranks a very distant second behind the other.

The ship was great. The passengers were great. The crew was good. That said, I was very unsatisfied with both the quality and quantity of food and beverages; mediocre. The breakfast service was very plain and meager too. I feel the same way about the lunch service. As for the dinner service, it was average at best. The choices offered were few and they were hardly sophisticated or creative dishes. And, again, the helpings were rather scanty with no seconds offered. The so called bakery chef or cook had little to offer of any real merit. There was a good choice of quality drinks made available provided there was someone working the bar. On the other hand, the rooms were lovely More and the room-service was good.

It seems that either our schedule or the captain did not allow passengers with enough free time at our ports of call. By the way, the captain of the ship struck me as a rather arrogant chap. He was long winded. Also, the captain was quick to synchronize and lecture his passengers on a wide range of things. There was nothing discreet or deferential about him. Also, he came to shamelessly promote additional cruises on his line of ships, which I thought was in poor taste. Less

Safari Explorer Cruises to Hawaii

Helpful? Thank Bombo
Read Cruise Critic's Safari Explorer Review

Safari Explorer Cruises to Hawaii

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?