Golden Princess Cruise Review by ambiepoo

Member Name: ambiepoo
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South America & Antarctica
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Service Not Rated

dissapointing

We had a two night break in LA so as to be chilled out ready for joining the ship.

Embarkation day went well,then we set sail.

The arrival time in most ports was late but to be fair if I worked for Princess I would also make sure this happened to mess up the plans of people who were on this site planning their own excursions.

The people I felt sorry for were the one's who had booked tours with Princess only to have them changed to allow for the shorter time in port.

The food was repeated too often and there was no ability to keep it hot.

The entertainment was of reasonable standard but was so fragmented by the time you had settled it was over it seems this was done so the patter pages could be filled

Maybe they should shorten the patter to one page which would give the ability to put on a one and half hour show X3 in one venue.

Between my wife and I we had 1000 free internet mins of which we used 125 mostly trying to log off of the extremely slow service and were then charged $3.15 for over use when I finally got to service desk to sort it out it was taking so long I told them that if Princess was that desperate I would pay it as my time was more important.

There was only one person on the cruise staff willing to give his all (Matt)

Jackie thought she was the most important person on the ship and Katie who loved herself was on holiday and let you know the passengers were getting in the way.

I assume the cruise director was following company policy in the running of the entertainment otherwise he wouldn't stay employed.

The general staff Food,drink and cabin were as usual superb but their efforts were overshadowed by people higher up the ladder.

I did not experience anything that would make me want to cruise with Princess again in fact they appear to go out of their way to make sure you don't come back.

Although the majority were saying they would not return to Princess ( from one to twenty cruises with the company) there were also people who appeared to be satisfied.Only time will tell if Princess can survive in this competitive market or if they go the way of the 3 and 4 day party cruises.

Publication Date: 01/07/14