Carnival Glory Cruise Review by terrierbears: Good cruise experience but Guest Services staff needs re-training

terrierbears
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good cruise experience but Guest Services staff needs re-training

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our first cruise (a family of four) and did not set our expectations high. Our cruise an 8 day Easter Caribbean. We did not purchase the Faster to the Fun option but our check-in at MIA went smoothly including the port transfer. There was a long line up during embarkation but once they opened the gates we were onboard the ship fairly quickly.

The food was good and I would say better in comparison to some 4-5 star all inclusive resorts. Our dining staff service were exceptional (John, Maria and Suwita). The stateroom steward was ok (Setyo). I gave an additional $80 tip to the dining staff and stateroom steward on top of the mandatory tip per person. There were lots of activities for everyone. The musical show was poor but the comedy club was great.

My only complaint was my children's bathroom shower had drainage problems from day 1 that you could only use the shower for 2 mins. We reported the problem then someone came in to check it but no one returned to More fix it. By day 6 it still was not fixed so I went to Guest Services to advise them of our problems but still no one came to fix it until day 7 in the afternnon after yelling on the phone for someone to fix the problem. Then they left the bathroom with all the dirt that they found in the drain and we had to wait for our steward to work his shift and clean it.

Overall the cruise experience was good but they should train their staff on how to deliver exceptional customer experience since they are in the hospitality business. The Nassau Segway Excursion was great, our tour guides were hilarious (Andrew and team). During the disembarkation, we did the sel-assist and it went smoothly and fairly fast. The only wait we had to do was to fill the port bus transfer back to MIA.

One more thing, they were selling these box of macadamia chocolates at the Fun Shops for 2/$20 for the duration of the trip until the morning of day 7 and when I went back in the afternoon the price went up by $5...what a shame. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8220/8216

Quiet deck. One of our staterooms had bathroom drainage problems, 8216. My only complaint was my children's bathroom shower had drainage problems from day 1 that you could only use the shower for 2 mins. We reported the problem then someone came in to check it but no one returned to fix it. By day 6 it was still not fixed so I went to Guest Services to advise them of our problems but no one came to fix it. On day 7 in the afternnon after yelling on the phone for someone to fix the problem they finally came. Then they left the bathroom with all the dirt that they found in the drain and we had to wait for our steward to work his shift and clean it. Overall the cruise experience was good but they should train their staff on how to deliver exceptional customer experience since they are in the hospitality business.