Royal Princess Cruise Review by fabiluis: Avoid At All Costs.

fabiluis
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Avoid At All Costs.

Sail Date: December 2013

I went on the Christmas Cruise with my wife, son, mom and my wife's parents. We booked 2 rooms on the Royal Princess on the 16th LIDO level floor. I understand you cannot please everybody most of the time but I agree with most of the bad reviews on this ship. This boat is ONE BIG JOKE. Food was terribly bland and Service was mediocre. The Servers were more interested in talking among themselves than serving you. If you did not order alcohol in the Anytime Dining, Chances are, you will be ignored.

The Royal Princess has some very very obvious flaws.

No stairs Midship.

Elevators not synchronized.

Post Dancing Fountain show literally flooded the pool area making it dangerous to walk by, flooding the overrated skywalk.

Balconies slightly bigger than the very small bathroom.

Our room attendant only came to vaccum the floor, ignoring the towels and dirty glasses that I left purposely on the balcony.

Whirlpools seemed to be used More by kids and teens more than adults, some of the too young to be in there without an adult. Some teenagers had bottles of beer in their hands and that was being tolerated.

The Crew obviously did not care as they were more bent on selling than monitoring.

For all the money that was spent on this cruise we expected better. But the crew seemed unhappy to be there and we were really disappointed with cruise overall.

The only and I mean ONLY bright spark of the cruise were the shows which were really good including the David Cats Magic show.

We stayed at The Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale and it was one of the best decisions we made. They pick you up at the Airport and drop you off to the Port, all free.

After having a great time on the Ruby Princess 3 years ago we were greatly disappointed on the Royal Princess. Maybe never again. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Royal Princess L232

This was at the front of the ship on the 16th floor, may be noisy from pool chairs being placed up on the 17th deck, otherwise very convenient.