“Great Cruise”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

Just returned home from seven days on the NCL Jewel. Have been on one other Carnaval cruise. In short, out experience on this cruise was wonderful. Service was great. Someone to help you anytime for whatever you need. The food was endless. The Garden Cafe offers breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style. Complete with craving station, crepe station, omelet station, and burger, dog, pizza line. The food here was well prepared and beautifully presented.

The up-charge restaurants are worth the investment. The Italian restaurant, La Cucina was excellent. The steakhouse restaurant, Cagany's served Black Angus beef. Very nice and the beef top shelf. Several of the speciality restaurants booked up early. Monitors around the ship keep passengers up to date on the reservation status. I should mention the Tsar's and Azure are free and offer excellent food. I think the service is good as any restaurant I have ever visited.

The ship was spotlessly clean. Must attention is given to hand sanitation which is comforting. I appreciate dining on china and heavy flatware. Our mini suite on comfortable and spacious. It had a refrigerator which was very handy. The balcony provided fresh air and beautiful views.

Did I like this cruise? You bet!!

Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mini-Suite with Balcony

MB11118
Very nice. Very comfortable bed. No outlet for my CPAP close to the headboard. Santiago our steward had the proper extenison cord for me in about 5 minutes. He checked to make certain is worked. Bathroom had a nice tub and was spotless. Loads of high pressure hot water in the shower. A second area could be created by pulling a drape. A desk was provided and a sofa. Very very nice.

Port

Great place to shop. Vendors happy to see you but not aggressive. Makes me happy to think about Cozumel. Wish the Mayian ruins were closer to the port.

Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews

Why anyone disembark from a $500 million dollar cruise ship to a economic ruins is beyond me. The vendors were begging for business. It was not nice. Don't go ashore. No upside to this port.

Being form Louisiana makes me partial to this famous city. Two days in Marginy before departure set the stage of a great cruise. The terminal is easy to use.

Published 01/06/14
Thank aubrey.tycer@gmail.com
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?