“Mexico”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just returned from the Christmas cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess. I had read the reviews prior to leaving and was a bit nervous after to reading them. I have not cruised with Princess before but have cruised multiple times with Royal Carribean. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. We were a party of six adults and two babies. We had three mini suites on Dolphin deck. A good location on the ship.

We had the 5:30 seating each night for dinner (chosen because of babies eating schedule). I have to say that the food was much better than ALL of the reviews that I had read. My two son chose to try "anytime dining" one night while I babysat and their comments were that the main dining rooms food was just as good! Did not like how the waiter was always trying to upsale us drinks etc not included for the evening meal.

I do have to say that overall a bit disappointed with lack of service minded staff on the ship. This includes the bars, pool decks, coffee bars, shops on Plaza deck. Ship employees seemed to have a lack of customer service. One employee in the promenade bar asked me what "blend" my granddaughter was? And how lucky she was to be born in America because working on this ship was NOT a great career.

So, ship was good, food was above average, service not so good..

Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Great cabin steward! The best we've ever.

Whale Watching

My husband and two sons took the zodiac whale watch excursion. It was a great experience . They got within 20 ft of multiple whales! They would definitely do it again.

Went to Puerto Vallarto 5 years ago to a resort . Was pleasantly surprised how much nicer the downtown area is. Much cleaner. Ate lunch at a very nice restaurant, wish I could remember the name, but delicious!

Published 01/06/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sapphire Princess Review
Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?