Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jeyb: Nice cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Nice cruise

Sail Date: November 2013

Allure of the Seas is a beautiful ship. Very clean and staff is very helpful. It is difficult to tell how big the ship is. There were a few line ups but they moved quickly. Ship staff were very organized.

Embarkment went very smoothly. Got to the port, walked in, waiting only a few minutes and were ready to board the ship. The room wasn't ready when we boarded so we walked around the ship to see what it had to offer. We also went to the Windjammer for some lunch which was very fresh and delicious. The windjammer always had great food with a large variety to choose from.

Once our room was ready, we left our carry on luggage in the room and continued to walk around the ship. Our room steward gave us the low down on our room and his service also.

Dining-we ate breakfast and lunch in the windjammer which is always good food. For dinner we always went to the main dining room. We did my time dining and set out times during our walk around the ship when we first More got on the ship….good thing as we noticed some people had to wait for tables for quite some time during the week. Food in the main dining room is always excellent and our server (as always) was super friendly and always willing and eager to please.

Pool was always clean and chairs around the pool were plentiful. The only thing I missed on this ship was that the pool activities were generally done at the water theatre instead of at one of the pools. Too much of a pain to go all that way to watch. Other ships, the activities were always at the main pool so there was better participation.

There is a a lot of things to keep yourself busy on this ship

Shopping was okay, the specials during the week were pretty good.

We very much enjoyed this ship but in all honesty we didn't notice much difference between the larger class ships.

Entertainment was great….I thought the headliner act - in this case Mo5aic- was the best. They were fantastic and I wanted to see if I could go back to watch them but wasn't able to. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

Loved the Dolphin push encounter. We were in the water far longer than the excursion indicates. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I have wanted to do this for years and found the price extremely cheap in comparison to other islands….Bahamas price was @$240 per person
It was a very hot day with great weather. The price for the pictures was quite pricey but worth it to have them. I would do this excursion again and pass not he pictures for a second time but you have to get them the first visit. We stayed in the park and enjoyed the beach afterwards.
I wold recommend this to anyone interested in dolphins. Nice park, decent food and other activities you can go to during your stay at the park….we didn't get to them but I would try to get to them another time. I would return to Cozumel and do this excursion again.

We went to Red Stripe beach….a beach restricted to Royal Caribbean passengers. It was small but very nice. Water was beautiful and clear. Weather was good even though it was cloudy that day. All in all we had a nice time. We were able to purchase some food and drinks. The driver that took us to the beach was very entertaining with a great sense of humour. It was well organized. We got back into town and went shopping in the port shops. The port offers some great shopping and entertainment also. We enjoyed our stay here

Read 486 Falmouth Reviews

Not very impressed. We were directed to a spot that we were told was nice. The weather was good, we were not able to get any shade and the water was so rocky it was difficult to get in and out. Many people got out of the water bleeding due to the amount of rocks in the water. I scraped my feet and hip when I was pushed over by the waves. We were never told there was a side to the island that wasn't as rocky and suspected once we found out that there was a cost to go there.
The only thing to do were excursions offered by Royal Caribbean which were expensive and not didn't appear to be worth the money. So we sat by the beach all day and read.
At no fault to Royal Caribbean, the water was murky and unable to see any fish.
The barbecue offered by Royal Caribbean wasn't very good. Line ups were really long and I found the food to be not very good….especially compared to what you get on the ship.
I was previously at Coco Cay Bahamas on a different cruise which is also an island owned by Royal Caribbean and enjoyed it much more.
I would probably not bother with a cruise that stops in Labadee again, or stay on the ship.

Read 366 Labadee Reviews