Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by andydandy325: Fabulous New Years Cruise on the Constellation!

andydandy325
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous New Years Cruise on the Constellation!

Sail Date: December 2013

This trip was a last minute booking for us and as it was the only time we could get away from the world. We were seeking solace from the cold winter and we sure found it.

After loving three cruises with Royal Caribbean, This was our first cruise with Celebrity and I was extremely concerned about the culture aboard a celebrity ship. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cruise served an extremely diverse group of various ages and cultures.

Having previously sailed on Jewel of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, The Constellation seemed to be a precursor to those ship designs. The overall ship layout seemed familiar, but was slightly clumsy compared to the flow of the RCL Radiance Class ships. I will say that the the ship is overall kept in great shape and the recent upgrades are keeping the ship relevant up to today's expectations. That being said, there are a few inconsistencies in branding across the ship that seem to have missed the More upgrades.

This was also our first balcony cabin and it was absolutely stellar. There were four of us in the cabin which made it a little tight, but such is the life at sea. I don think that I can ever go back to an inside after having the balcony.

Activities seemed to be a little light, especially on sea days, Cruise Director JC was pretty good. Loved the daily show on the ship TV channel, but I only saw him on stage or on screen. I would have liked to have seen him around the ship more and had some more diverse activities. Similarly, Onboard entertainment was good, but could have been better. Most of the musical acts seemed to be hispanic groups which is what you get on a cruise sailing from south florida to Mexico I guess. They were great, and a lot of fun, but were a little unfamiliar to us. New Years Eve was celebrated around the pool with champagne and dancing. It was a whole lot of fun, and the morning after there was an enormous and lavish brunch buffet in the main dining room that was unlike anything I have ever seen.

Service and Dining was the best that I have ever seen at sea. Every night in the main dining room was better than the last. There was a special New Years menu that was fabulous. Our waiter and assistant waiter actually said that they would lose sleep if we were to have a bad meal and I would believe that. Bar service was underpar especially around the pool deck. there was a very long wait for drinks.

Embarkation and Debarkation were quick and painless. Overall this cruise was very good. I would recommend this ship and itinerary to anyone looking for a more sophisticated way to relax and experience some of the Celebrity Modern Luxury. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation 7088

This is a standard 2A Cabin with great views, just forward of midship. With a bed for 2, sofa bed, and ceiling bed, It is a snug fit for a family of four. This cabin is quiet and being close to the center of the ship, you feel less of the pitch and roll that you can feel when you are very far forward or aft.

Chankanaab National Park Tour

(5)

We arrived in port and were off the ship around 8am local time to beat the crowds on what we knew was going to be a very crowded day at Chankanaab. We quickly exited the International Pier Complex, grabbed an official taxi from the stand at the pier, and for $11USD the four of us were on the way to Chankanaab! It was $21USD per adult and was totally worth it. We made no reservations and just went for it. It saved us a lot of money going it on our own. While in the park we hopped on to a guided tour with an awesome guide Felipe, who explained all of the Mayan culture and history. The Tequila tasting was great. For $7USD you can get a very strong margarita served in a souvenir clay cup which was cool. The Sea Lion show was fun! We brought our own snorkels, and the snorkeling right from the beach was much better than I anticipated. Amazing day on a budget in Cozumel. Avoided feeling restricted to a ship excursion. Freedom in paradise!

We had the unfortunate pleasure of visiting Key West in the rain, but would like to strongly recommend Zachary Taylor State Park to anyone looking to get to a beach whilst in Key West. It costs $2.50US to enter the park, but there are nice restrooms, picnic tables, hammocks, and a Bar/Grille.
Read 730 Key West Reviews

Beach Break

(5)

Zachary Taylor State Park is a great semi private beach that is a great way to relax on a budget. It costs $2.50US to walk into the park. It's about a mile and half from the pier to the beach, and it is a beautiful, easy walk. There are changing rooms, Bar/restaurant, Hammocks, and the old fort is cool to poke around.