Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by andydandy325

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by andydandy325
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: andydandy325
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Fabulous New Years Cruise on the Constellation!

This trip was a last minute booking for us and as it was the only time we could get away from the world. We were seeking solace from the cold winter and we sure found it.

After loving three cruises with Royal Caribbean, This was our first cruise with Celebrity and I was extremely concerned about the culture aboard a celebrity ship. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cruise served an extremely diverse group of various ages and cultures.

Having previously sailed on Jewel of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, The Constellation seemed to be a precursor to those ship designs. The overall ship layout seemed familiar, but was slightly clumsy compared to the flow of the RCL Radiance Class ships. I will say that the the ship is overall kept in great shape and the recent upgrades are keeping the ship relevant up to today's expectations. That being said, there are a few inconsistencies in branding across the ship that seem to have missed the upgrades.

This was also our first balcony cabin and it was absolutely stellar. There were four of us in the cabin which made it a little tight, but such is the life at sea. I don think that I can ever go back to an inside after having the balcony.

Activities seemed to be a little light, especially on sea days, Cruise Director JC was pretty good. Loved the daily show on the ship TV channel, but I only saw him on stage or on screen. I would have liked to have seen him around the ship more and had some more diverse activities. Similarly, Onboard entertainment was good, but could have been better. Most of the musical acts seemed to be hispanic groups which is what you get on a cruise sailing from south florida to Mexico I guess. They were great, and a lot of fun, but were a little unfamiliar to us. New Years Eve was celebrated around the pool with champagne and dancing. It was a whole lot of fun, and the morning after there was an enormous and lavish brunch buffet in the main dining room that was unlike anything I have ever seen.

Service and Dining was the best that I have ever seen at sea. Every night in the main dining room was better than the last. There was a special New Years menu that was fabulous. Our waiter and assistant waiter actually said that they would lose sleep if we were to have a bad meal and I would believe that. Bar service was underpar especially around the pool deck. there was a very long wait for drinks.

Embarkation and Debarkation were quick and painless. Overall this cruise was very good. I would recommend this ship and itinerary to anyone looking for a more sophisticated way to relax and experience some of the Celebrity Modern Luxury.

Publication Date: 01/06/14