Carnival Elation Cruise Review by S21corbin

Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: u179
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

The Worst Cruise I have ever been on

I have been on more than 10 cruises and several of them being Carnival Cruises. I have never had a bad experience until this past cruise to Cozumel.

1). The ship was over booked. We had booked 10 cabins total for my family. One of the cruises was for three boys (all in the 20's). When they got to their room they were in a two person room with a CHILD'S cot for the third bed. We asked guest services about a different cot and they told us they had nothing to offer us and did not know what our complaint was. After I explained I paid for a THREE bed cabin and wanted to know why my 21 year old son was having to sleep in a kid size cot... their response was, "I don't understand what your complaint is". This was the answer from ALL staff for all complaints.

The problems was not corrected.

2). Dinning Room: We ate at the late dinner seating 8:15 pm. The first night dinner took over 3 hours. The food was horrible and served cold. We gave the staff the benefit of doubt and returned the next night to a miserable experience. Each night the dining room served worse and worse food. Most of it being inedible. We did enjoy dinner one night in the Buffet area and the grill by the pool had great cheeseburgers and chicken fingers. Sadly the best meal I had was chicken fingers and french fries.

3). The entertainment was the best part of the cruise. I was not the best I had ever seen but it was enjoyable.

4). The ship. Unfortunately the floor with all the clubs/bars, casino's and shows was SMOKING. They said the casino was the only area that was smoking but the entire floor smelled of smoke. My mom cannot be around smoke because she has asthma therefore my mom could never go to any of the clubs/bars, shows or the shops.

All in all I can't believe how bad the food was and how rude the staff was.

No matter how CHEAP this cruise is... DON"T GO... IT'S NOT WORTH ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Publication Date: 01/06/14