Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Radar Roz

Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: Radar Roz
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Category: OB
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A Spa.....tastic Cruise!!!!!!!!

This was our second cruise on the Pearl....identical cruise...one year later...because we liked the first one so much.

We prefer the smaller ship although it's easy to get lost on this one too. The entertainment was fantastic as usual... Our Steward Arlan (Cabin 5036) was amazing...the food was terrific. My husband and I usually eat in the Palace Garden because it is beautiful, relaxed and served beautifully. I particularly like having my tea served in the lovely ceramic teapots that hold about 3 cups of tea v/s the little metal ones that drip (Carnival) or a small mug as at the self serve NCL stations. We both love to lounge and read on the Spinnaker loungers as well as exploring to find other little spots to sun, or read without facing hoards of people.

The theatre is welcoming and comfortable,except the front row seats which probably should be replaced.

We enjoy the casino when it is quiet because I am allergic to smoke and cannot be there when it is busy. WHY ON EARTH IS IT STILL ALLOWED IN A CLOSED ENVIRONMENT?!!!

The best part of this cruise for me was finding out about the spa pass to the thermal suite! It has spoiled me now...I will not be able to enjoy a cruise ever as much without it. The pass allows access to the spa for the full week to enjoy the thermal jacuzzi pools, hot tubs, aromatherapy room. sauna and warm tile loungers. Towels and robes and water, tea and fruit juice is always available in the lounging area. LUXURY, LUXURY!!!

The passes are limited to about 84 passengers and thus it is seldom "busy" and almost always zen like. I didn't know about it our first time on the Pearl, so I dropped the ball on that one.

Publication Date: 01/06/14