Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Radar Roz: A Spa.....tastic Cruise!!!!!!!!

Radar Roz
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Spa.....tastic Cruise!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our second cruise on the Pearl....identical cruise...one year later...because we liked the first one so much.

We prefer the smaller ship although it's easy to get lost on this one too. The entertainment was fantastic as usual... Our Steward Arlan (Cabin 5036) was amazing...the food was terrific. My husband and I usually eat in the Palace Garden because it is beautiful, relaxed and served beautifully. I particularly like having my tea served in the lovely ceramic teapots that hold about 3 cups of tea v/s the little metal ones that drip (Carnival) or a small mug as at the self serve NCL stations. We both love to lounge and read on the Spinnaker loungers as well as exploring to find other little spots to sun, or read without facing hoards of people.

The theatre is welcoming and comfortable,except the front row seats which probably should be replaced.

We enjoy the casino when it is quiet because I am allergic to smoke and cannot be there when it is More busy. WHY ON EARTH IS IT STILL ALLOWED IN A CLOSED ENVIRONMENT?!!!

The best part of this cruise for me was finding out about the spa pass to the thermal suite! It has spoiled me now...I will not be able to enjoy a cruise ever as much without it. The pass allows access to the spa for the full week to enjoy the thermal jacuzzi pools, hot tubs, aromatherapy room. sauna and warm tile loungers. Towels and robes and water, tea and fruit juice is always available in the lounging area. LUXURY, LUXURY!!!

The passes are limited to about 84 passengers and thus it is seldom "busy" and almost always zen like. I didn't know about it our first time on the Pearl, so I dropped the ball on that one. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 5036

Our stateroom is smaller than the ones we enjoyed on the Carnival ships, but was very convenient for our interests. The forward part of the ship allowed quick access to the spa, theatre, casino and Spinnaker lounge....some of our favourite places to be! This stateroom is efficient and with a view through the picture window is all we need to be happy. Besides...with Arlan looking after us, who could ask for more?!

This is the 4th time we have been to Cozumel and the first time to the pier that is where everything is happening. The other times we were in Cozumel we went to parks and beaches in the other direction. I really enjoyed getting to see the downtown area of Cozumel this time. We enjoyed getting to know some of the locals even though you have to be very good at battling off the pushy sales pitches. We went to the art gallery on the main drag and simply walked the area for hours. Lots of fun.

Read 3152 Cozumel Reviews