“Nothing to celebrate.”
Cruise review of Thomson Celebration

Velma25 Thomson Celebration 3 Nothing to celebrate.
Velma25
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I had very mixed feelings when I booked this, we were originally on a Nile cruise which was cancelled because of the problems in Egypt. Our friends had booked this so we decided to join them, big mistake as read the reviews later. I had hoped that the reviews were wrong so went with a open mind.

The first sight of the ship was ok but when we got to our cabins it was a bit of a shock. It was clean but very dated as opposed to the refit it has apparently had. I have never slept so badly before on a cruise,the engine noise,rattles and badly fitted door were dreadful, I had to go out and buy ear plugs and sleep with them in all night. The bathroom was ok but the badly stained toilet although clean was not what you expect.

The food was again ok but nothing special a bit like going to a 2* restaurant when you expected 5*. We even had to wait for a hour on New Years Eve to get into the restaurant as everyone was told to get there for 8.15 and there weren't enough tables which ruined our night and about 40 others.

On a positive, the ports of call were all lovely apart from Agadir and the weather was nice.

Would I go on a Thomson cruise again, I would never say never but it would have to be a very special itinerary to consider them again.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

533
Very basic cabin,matress and pillows showing their age. Bathroom ok but toilet very stained.
Published 01/06/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Thomson Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?