Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by tinarae16: Extras not included but clean ship

tinarae16
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Extras not included but clean ship

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our first cruise but we went with others who had cruised on other lines before. The ship was very clean and well kept. The best thing this ship has going for it is the employees. All of the ones that you deal with daily were very energetic and enthusiastic. Well, all but one towel guy. Some of the others, such as those in charge of the dining room, were not as pleasant though, just rather indifferent.

We were very surprised, as were our traveling companions, how much extra you had to pay. We really only had two places to eat that were included. All the other restaurants were extra. Including Johnny Rockets which was definitely not worth it. The only real ice cream offered was extra, from Ben and Jerrys. Bingo was extra!! Transportation to and from the airport and luggage handling were extra. If you had taken them up on all of the transportation and luggage handling it would have cost $160 extra. Our soda cards were close to $40 each with tax and tip and I only ended More up getting soda 5 times. The bartenders were definitely more interested in helping people that were drinking alcohol. NOTE**If you go on this cruise you can drink the water. Plus tea, lemonade and water are served at every meal so you don't need to get the soda card if you won't use it. Wish I hadn't as it was not convenient to use.

We were all disappointed in the lack of entertainment on board. If you only want to gamble or drink you are fine. There were only two movies shown (it may have been one movie at two times). There was not a show every night.

The elevators need new timing or something. They were never available, I was able to use them only a handful of times. I had to use the stairs 95% of the time. Not too bad for me but impossible for others.

We had considered a Disney cruise but thought it too expensive. One of the couple with us had been on Disney and realized it really wasn't more as they were not nickel and dimed to death, much more was included.

Finally, every one told me that you cannot even feel the ship move as I get sick easily. Well this ship rocked a lot! To the point on one day when people were kind of falling into each other and stacked dishes were falling. I kept thinking we would get to calmer waters, although looking out at the water it seemed calm enough. For anyone else that gets sick being outside really helped me. Unfortunately, eating outside was not an option without first going in to make my plate, which made me sick. I started with a patch and switched to Dramamine. I will not be able to cruise again as I missed so many dinners :(

All the food was at the back of the ship so if you were at the front adult area, you would have to leave your beach chair (and lose it for the rest of the day) to go get food. Many people went out in the morning and put a towel on a chair then never sit in it! I would have thought they would have brought food around once in a while. There was a buffet outside at lunch on some days but not all due to wind. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 8332

Our cabin was nice. Extra beds come down from the ceiling but only at night when an attendant has lowered them. Didn't work so well when my son wanted to take a quick nap and we were also in there. I liked our room though, I think it worked out pretty well for three of us. I do think they could leave the extra beds down all day but there might be a reason they don't.

Cave-Tubing Adventure

Definitely encourage you to use this operator. Personal service and a lot of fun. Your tubes will be waiting for you at the river. Other operators make you carry your tube through the hike.

However, I would not go back to Belize City. I did not care for the tendering or the part of the city we saw.

We took a taxi to the Forum shops. I am not much of a shopper so the experience was lost on me. I would have preferred to find a beach and enjoy it all day. Cozumel was beautiful though.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews