“Nice cruise but way less action than I am used to”
Cruise review of Holland America Noordam

bealuckydog Noordam 5 Nice cruise but way less action than I am used to
bealuckydog
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Wailed for a 20th anniversary celebration and booked a corner suite. We booked for the scuba destinations and we weren't disappointed in that at all. The suite was nice and it had a very large balcony that we enjoyed often. I thought the food was fine however I thought the Pinnacle Grill was not worth the time or money, We had subpar service and the food wasn't really incredible, just very average.

The bar service was great; in fact the whole crew was very good. The Neptune lounge was worth hitting for snacks. Where I felt the cruise was disappointing was the vibe of the ship. The crowd was too ld for us. We heard a lot of complaining the first night in the dining room about politics and such so we never went back. We work very hard for all but 2 weeks a year and we really don't want to hear old rich people who are retired and on a cruise complain at all.

The public areas were dead at night so no real action on the ship at all in the evenings after dinner.

I can't blame this on Holland America but it's just not our thing. If their demographics change, we will give it another try. Until then we will look for a more spirited line.

Noordam Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4180
This cabin was nice and large and had a fabulous balcony! It does have vibration when the ship is docking etc since it is in the rear but we loved it!
Published 01/05/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Noordam Review
Noordam Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?