Noordam Cruise Review by bealuckydog: Nice cruise but way less action than I am used to

bealuckydog
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Noordam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Nice cruise but way less action than I am used to

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Wailed for a 20th anniversary celebration and booked a corner suite. We booked for the scuba destinations and we weren't disappointed in that at all. The suite was nice and it had a very large balcony that we enjoyed often. I thought the food was fine however I thought the Pinnacle Grill was not worth the time or money, We had subpar service and the food wasn't really incredible, just very average.

The bar service was great; in fact the whole crew was very good. The Neptune lounge was worth hitting for snacks. Where I felt the cruise was disappointing was the vibe of the ship. The crowd was too ld for us. We heard a lot of complaining the first night in the dining room about politics and such so we never went back. We work very hard for all but 2 weeks a year and we really don't want to hear old rich people who are retired and on a cruise complain at all.

The public areas were dead at night so no real action on the ship at all in the evenings after dinner.

I More can't blame this on Holland America but it's just not our thing. If their demographics change, we will give it another try. Until then we will look for a more spirited line. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam 4180

This cabin was nice and large and had a fabulous balcony! It does have vibration when the ship is docking etc since it is in the rear but we loved it!