MSC Divina Cruise Review by shanelsmith71: Not all bad, not all good

shanelsmith71
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Not all bad, not all good

Sail Date: November 2013

I have a mixed review to be honest. I loved the ship and I had a great time but my frustrations grew more and more every day. I love going on cruises and this was my third one. The other two were on carnival. I figured this MSC cruise would be much better but to be honest, it was not. I will most likely take an MSC Cruise again as this was only the second cruise in the Caribbean so they have some work to do and I took that into account. The staff honestly, does work very hard and they work daily and they do not get paid a lot. However the management seriously needs some work. They need to train the staff much better. Especially in the dining rooms and in the Buffet areas. The bartenders needs some serious training. It took forever to get drinks and honestly, the drinks were expensive and very week. We waited about a half hour for drinks. American's love to drink.

So to start with the Buffet - there was no juices to drink besides water. So I decided that I would use a soda More coupon and go get a soda however the bar in the buffet area was closed. So all you had was water. So I decided to go to the other bar outside the pool deck area. Well good luck with that, the line was enormous and you had to wait for thirty minutes for that to happen.

The staff did not seem to be knowledgeable about much as well. My friend who came with me, thought he would actually gain a lot of weight from all the food but actually he said he lost weight as the food was not that good. I felt as though the food was good at times but not all the time. Late night, the food was limited.

The entertainment staff was actually great. They have the most amazing shows and they really show appreciation to all the guest. I have never seen shows like this ever. I met one of the Entertainment staff individuals who I became friends with. I told him my experience on the ship and also told him that this is a new area for the ship so I know there are things that need some work and I would come back on the ship again in hopes to see progress and I am sure I will. I do see however that the management on the ship really does need to do some work. I was not impressed with the management. There was a huge difference between a Carnival Ship and the MSC Divina though.

Our cabin staff member was very nice and did a really good job. He would always ask us when we wanted our room cleaned. He was there during the mornings and the evenings. Since we stay up very late, we chose the evenings. He did a great job. I will most likely go on a Carnival Cruise ship however before I go on this ship again. But who knows. I just do not want to take a chance on bad service again but will have to see. My friend who went with me, says he will never go on this ship again. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>