Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by daff01: QM2 TA Never again!!!

daff01
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

QM2 TA Never again!!!

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

I will try and be as constructive as possible. First can I say that we are regular cruisers (20) but have only sailed with cunard twice before. We are loyal Celebrity Cruisers and nothing on this cruise will serve to change that.

In all ways design/decor/layout/food/entertainment and staff Celebrity wins hands down. On our last winter crossing with QM2 I found the layout incredibly annoying. Nothing flows! My partner did enjoy it for the dancing etc. This time because of the terrible weather (not blaming Cunard for that!), the dancing was not going to be enjoyable. Because of being locked inside for 5 days the drab (not grand or elegant)decor was incredibly depressing. One positive: the food in Britannia appears to have improved slightly in two years BUT still not great compared to Celebrity. Most of the shows were cancelled because of said weather although the actual evening that the Italian show was on turned out to be not that choppy but the pooe dears hadnt had time to More rehearse (having done the same show about 100 times find that a bit much!). Went to a few lectures. Astronaut very interesting, the one with a supposed doctor discussing after death experience I found incredibly biased and very Evangelical Christian. Boarding and disembarking went smoothly although the porters managed to break one of the suitcase trolley handles leading to five days of arguing about compensation. This finally got sorted day before we left the ship! Staff were surly and very unfriendly and Im sorry I dont accept that Cunard train them to be like this for British customers. I like to talk to people as people not as some sort of subservient slave!

I havent even talked about the horrible decor in staterooms. It felt like a gps waiting room (no bright colours).

All in all we were both more than happy to get off this ship!. How it won the large category in cruise awards I will never know!

These people that only go with Cunard need to try others because they are not the best company by far!

Transatlantic South only from now on and never with QM2 where ever it goes! Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>