Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by RnR cruiser: Nothing to get excited about

RnR cruiser
Member Since 2003
82 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Nothing to get excited about

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I was really excited for this cruise as it was our 50th anniversary but i was disappointed. The ship has been refurbished & it was good. We had a balcony cabin #7148 which i liked because it was in an excellent location--midship.

The food was acceptable, but the service in the dining room wasn't. It was chaotic and took forever to complete the meal. To make it worse, we had the evacuation drill during the first seating which was very poor planning to say the least. Our waiters were doing the best they could but I don't think the kitchen was up to speed putting the dinners out. Breakfast in the dining room was my favorite. The lunch buffet on the pool deck had a lot of choices. Something for everyone.

The entertainment was hit or miss. I enjoyed their parties for past cruisers, anniversaries, cruise critic, etc. There were plenty of drinks and appetizers.

The casino was dismal as far as pay-outs go.

The ports were ok. St. Croix on Sunday was More dead. Did not care for Domenica at all. St Kitts was very good. Went to a new beach club that was very clean and had a nice beach, got 2 chairs & an umbrella for $30. Also had access to food & drinks. No vendors to bother you.

In Grenada, it poured all day. Very disappointing as they have great beaches that I was anxious to use, but you can't depend on the weather anywhere.

As far as value goes, it was A rated. We got a very good deal. Less

Published 01/05/14

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 7148

Was very satisfied w/ cabin mostly due to location. Midship was very convenient.

RnR cruiser
Member Since 2003
82 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X