“Nothing to get excited about”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

RnR cruiser Celebrity Summit 4 Nothing to get excited about
RnR cruiser
Member Since 2003
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I was really excited for this cruise as it was our 50th anniversary but i was disappointed. The ship has been refurbished & it was good. We had a balcony cabin #7148 which i liked because it was in an excellent location--midship.

The food was acceptable, but the service in the dining room wasn't. It was chaotic and took forever to complete the meal. To make it worse, we had the evacuation drill during the first seating which was very poor planning to say the least. Our waiters were doing the best they could but I don't think the kitchen was up to speed putting the dinners out. Breakfast in the dining room was my favorite. The lunch buffet on the pool deck had a lot of choices. Something for everyone.

The entertainment was hit or miss. I enjoyed their parties for past cruisers, anniversaries, cruise critic, etc. There were plenty of drinks and appetizers.

The casino was dismal as far as pay-outs go.

The ports were ok. St. Croix on Sunday was dead. Did not care for Domenica at all. St Kitts was very good. Went to a new beach club that was very clean and had a nice beach, got 2 chairs & an umbrella for $30. Also had access to food & drinks. No vendors to bother you.

In Grenada, it poured all day. Very disappointing as they have great beaches that I was anxious to use, but you can't depend on the weather anywhere.

As far as value goes, it was A rated. We got a very good deal.

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7148
Was very satisfied w/ cabin mostly due to location. Midship was very convenient.
Published 01/05/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?