“Terrible Customer Service and limited food availability”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sky

NYSean Norwegian Sky 1 Terrible Customer Service and limited food availability
NYSean
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

I took my family on a vaca aboard the Sky from Dec 16- Dec 20th.Just two months prior I cruised on Carnival. I have to say Carnival wins big time-hands down. Norwegian staff need better customer service training. My steward? Who was that? He never introduced himself. I had to seek him out because he failed to leave towel animals during the turndown service. I actually saw my Steward standing on the bed in another cabin to make the beds. WTF!!! Carnival stewards learn your name and provide better services.

The bathrooms were dirty. I cleaned it myself with Lysol-lots of grime.

The food at the buffet was limited. Every time I went the main buffet it was closed. The ice cream machine was limited to certain times...how much is ice-cream that it's not available 24 hours. At least at Carnival its 24 hours. Let's not discuss their dried up pizza, Norwegian should be ashamed. Don't skimp!!! The food in the main dining room is average, definitely not good.

I did like that the staff enforced the use of hand sanitizer often. Too bad the bathroom were dirty.

The entertainment staff were fun, Joel and his team are great and they were a great distraction to my dissatisfaction aboard the Sky. Joel and Jarrod are all entertaining.

I did enjoy daily TRX workouts with the gentleman from Australia (sorry I can't remember his name).The was the best purchase I made on the Sky. Well worth it. The free Zumba class is fun too.

My advice to my fellow cruisers, you have been warned, Norwegian's performance is below average. Spend wisely and skip this cruise line.

I would never pay for a Norwegian Cruise again.

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4107
Dirty, Dirty, Dirty! Hide and Seek stewards on deck.

Published 01/05/14
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sky Review
Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?