Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by NYSean: Terrible Customer Service and limited food availability

NYSean
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Terrible Customer Service and limited food availability

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas

I took my family on a vaca aboard the Sky from Dec 16- Dec 20th.Just two months prior I cruised on Carnival. I have to say Carnival wins big time-hands down. Norwegian staff need better customer service training. My steward? Who was that? He never introduced himself. I had to seek him out because he failed to leave towel animals during the turndown service. I actually saw my Steward standing on the bed in another cabin to make the beds. WTF!!! Carnival stewards learn your name and provide better services.

The bathrooms were dirty. I cleaned it myself with Lysol-lots of grime.

The food at the buffet was limited. Every time I went the main buffet it was closed. The ice cream machine was limited to certain times...how much is ice-cream that it's not available 24 hours. At least at Carnival its 24 hours. Let's not discuss their dried up pizza, Norwegian should be ashamed. Don't skimp!!! The food in the main dining room is average, definitely not good.

I did like More that the staff enforced the use of hand sanitizer often. Too bad the bathroom were dirty.

The entertainment staff were fun, Joel and his team are great and they were a great distraction to my dissatisfaction aboard the Sky. Joel and Jarrod are all entertaining.

I did enjoy daily TRX workouts with the gentleman from Australia (sorry I can't remember his name).The was the best purchase I made on the Sky. Well worth it. The free Zumba class is fun too.

My advice to my fellow cruisers, you have been warned, Norwegian's performance is below average. Spend wisely and skip this cruise line.

I would never pay for a Norwegian Cruise again. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 4107

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty! Hide and Seek stewards on deck.

Atlantis Aquaventure

Well worth the money! Food and drinks are expensive but it's worth it. Adults and kids will enjoy.