Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by MoeJoe: BIG Disappointment

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

BIG Disappointment

Sail Date: December 2013

The Constellation disappointed us. Upon embarkation, trays of dirty champagne glasses lined the hallway. No one there to welcome you. They were clearly understaffed as the trays with empty dirty glasses stayed there for quite some time. It was certainly not what we have come to expect from Royal Caribbean International and particularly from Celebrity. Our cabin was dirty and subpar. The bed-skirt torn in several places and visibly stained. The bed-not mattress pad, no mattress cover, nothing. You could see the stains on the mattress through the white sheets. I brought it to their attention and they corrected the matter quite expeditiously however, it left a bad taste. Mildew in the shower. Balcony was filthy and showed signs of wear and rust. Just lacked maintenance and upkeep. Our cabin steward was either new, or poorly trained. Never replenished water, never delivered final bill, never delivered flowers, never even introduced himself etc. Just not what we expected. Overall food was More excellent, and Martini bar was second to none.

Spa- overcharged us like $70 and had we not caught it when we reviewed our folio, it would have gone unnoticed. Then they argued that the price we had agreed on was the port price and that the ship had sailed half-way thru the massage so it reverted back to original price. Good thing I had the spa price list on hand to support my point. They refunded me the money, attributing it to the fact I must have received an "outdated" price list from a previous sailing. Room service-sour milk for breakfast. I brought the milk carton down to guest relations. Although they were very apologetic, it was indeed another unfortunate oversight. Although we will certainly cruise Celebrity again, I would not recommend Constellation to a friend. Substandard in too many ways.

To us, it's the little things and the attention to detail that makes a cruise extraordinary. As seasoned travelers, we've come to expect a certain degree of service, cleanliness and professionalism from certain cruise lines and it's quite disheartening when they don't live up to that standard. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>