Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Cruiz3r19: Disappointed

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

Been a cruiser for many many years on many different ships. Have taken my children on two other cruises. Will never do another NCL cruise again. Freestyle dining?!?! It is the worst. There were 11 of us. Couldn't get reservations in the speciality restaurants when we wanted. Couldn't eat in the 'free' dining room without waiting 45 minutes to an hour. Ended up in the buffet a lot more than we wished. My daughter has food allergies and our other cruises were a breeze dealing with them. Because you don't have the same waiter each meal, we had to start from scratch to get her food-explaining what allergies etc.....It was just awful. The rooms were smaller than ANY ship I have been on. It cost $40 for BINGO. Having a spa treatment did not allow you to use the spa facilities. I have never gone to a hotel or ship where you don't get to use the facilities if you got a treatment. It was $149 to use the steam room etc......for the week. There was a murder mystery lunch. $20 per person. I felt More nickeled and dimed to death on this cruise. On the plus side--our excursions were wonderful. Getting off the ship the first day took forever, but the other times -coming or going --went smoothly. I liked on Royal Carribbean where you can buy a photo package of the ships photos. On NCL, they charge you for the pictures and then $40 to put them on disc for you. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 10572

The smallest room I have ever sailed in. Pictures were misleading.

Cave-Tubing Adventure

Very relaxing. Thought it was great. Would do again. After cave-tubing, rode ATV's in the mud. Everyone loved it.

Mayan Ruins

Great tour guide--Daniel. Very interesting. Learned a lot of information. Beach was nice.

Catamaran tour

LOVED!! A great excursion. Only complaint was that it was only 3.5 hours. Could have stayed at private beach all day. Employees were friendly and helpful. Very fun.

Zipline Adventure

Still having heart attacks seeing my kids flying thru the air inside down!! They thought it was the best!!!!!!!! The monkey's were so cute.