Disney Magic Cruise Review by mroisman: Still a magical time

Overall Member Rating

Still a magical time

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas

This was our second Disney cruise. Our first was on the Disney Dream. I wish we had done things in reverse because the Disney Dream is so big and grand that things tend to seem less so on the Magic. Once we got over that (and its not hard to do) we had a great time.

Like all Disney cruises the service is amazing. My happy place is sitting in a pool watching my kids have a great time while a movie is playing on the funnel vision. The kids love the Oceaneer's Lab and the Marvel stuff is great.

The cabins are perfect for a family of four, Sure it was a bit tight, but the boys liked the bunk beds and the bed for the parents is very comfortable.

The meals are good, although I was not a huge fan of Carioca's especially in comparison to Animator's Palate. The theme is weak and the food is nothing special.

Here is the one detail that I left on our comment card. We traveled with two boys ages 5 and 9. Most of the evening activities started way too late. I More understand that with second seat dining, you need to schedule things later, but there needs to be a happy medium. On the cruise, the kids were busy from 8 in the morning, so they are exhausted by 9:00. Trying to keep with up to 10:00 or 10:30 was a nightmare. Less

Published 01/05/14

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X

See Disney Magic deals up to 82% off:

December Deals
Disney Magic 83% Loved It

7 Night Western Cruise (miami)