Golden Princess 2

lizmit
Member Since 2008
1,895 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I booked this 4 night cruise to get out of hosting Thanksgiving for our family this year. We left Los Angeles on Wednesday, 11/27/13 with easy boarding. The ship looked nice, no obvious signs of wear and tear for an "older" ship.

We are both foodies - love great food - and we couldn't find it on this cruise. We were so disappointed in everything that we tried. The executive chef is from Scotland, perhaps that is why the food was so bland(?). We dined at the Crown Grill one night and even that was blah. We were served an abundance of food, but that didn't make up for the lack of flavor.

Aside from very boring food I was extremely put off by Princess for not having a single representative at our meet & mingle. Granted Princess does not host these as the other lines do, but the only other time that we sailed on Princess there were several officers who came and greeted us.

No one at this one.

The icing on the cake - the biggest insult More and the nail in the coffin against Princess for me is that I had brought this oversight to Princess' attention in my comment cards and here it is well over a month later and nobody has responded to me.

The heck with you Princess! I'll spend my money on Royal Caribbean/Celebrity from now on. You don't need me! I don't need you! Less

Golden Princess Cruises to the USA

Published 01/05/14

Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review

Golden Princess Cruises to the USA

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?