MSC Divina Cruise Review by billsteel: Couldn't have been better

9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Couldn't have been better

Sail Date: December 2013

I could have kept this review very short and said it all in one word: exceptional. But there seem to have been so many negative reviews that something needs to be said to straighten things out.

The ship itself: well let's face it it's brand new so it's exceptionally clean and modern. It is well maintained and well planned.

The food: After reading so many bad reviews I was ready for anything. I have to ask the question of the people who say that the food is not good; what the hell do you eat at home. There wasn't a single meal that wasn't prepared extremely well. It was cooked to perfection, even the rack of lamb, which is difficult to prepare well in large quantities.

The service: OK, so sometimes there's a bit of a language problem, but that is more than made up for by the willingness of the wait staff to correct any minor problem. And hey!, they speak better English that a lot of Americans; we ended up using a taxi after the cruise with a Haitian driver More who spoke very little English, and my French was just enough to get us by.

The entertainment: absolutely spectacular. The entertainment on this ship by far surpasses anything I have experienced so far. I'm taking a 7 week cruise on Holland America in February and I'm going to have to bite my tongue and try not to criticize the on-board entertainment on the Maasdam. Less

Published 01/05/14

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

The cabin was adequate, had a fridge (mini-bar) that I always find handy. We always book an inside cabin because of the cost differences. Our rationale is that we don't spend too much time in the cabin anyway.

Member Since 2014
9 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X