MSC Divina 5

“Couldn't have been better”
Cruise review of MSC Divina

billsteel
Member Since 2014
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I could have kept this review very short and said it all in one word: exceptional. But there seem to have been so many negative reviews that something needs to be said to straighten things out.

The ship itself: well let's face it it's brand new so it's exceptionally clean and modern. It is well maintained and well planned.

The food: After reading so many bad reviews I was ready for anything. I have to ask the question of the people who say that the food is not good; what the hell do you eat at home. There wasn't a single meal that wasn't prepared extremely well. It was cooked to perfection, even the rack of lamb, which is difficult to prepare well in large quantities.

The service: OK, so sometimes there's a bit of a language problem, but that is more than made up for by the willingness of the wait staff to correct any minor problem. And hey!, they speak better English that a lot of Americans; we ended up using a taxi after the cruise with a Haitian driver More who spoke very little English, and my French was just enough to get us by.

The entertainment: absolutely spectacular. The entertainment on this ship by far surpasses anything I have experienced so far. I'm taking a 7 week cruise on Holland America in February and I'm going to have to bite my tongue and try not to criticize the on-board entertainment on the Maasdam. Less

MSC Divina Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

The cabin was adequate, had a fridge (mini-bar) that I always find handy. We always book an inside cabin because of the cost differences. Our rationale is that we don't spend too much time in the cabin anyway.

Published 01/05/14

Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review

MSC Divina Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?