Costa Victoria Cruise Review by ballerinagreen: Great Christmas on a great ship

Costa Victoria 5
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Great Christmas on a great ship

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We sailed on 18th December visiting Malaysia and Indonesia. After reading some reviews we were apprehensive about this our first cruise with Costa. My advice; ignore the reviews judge for yourself when you try it.

The ship was lovely, the staff were fantastic, the entertainment especially Janos Olha Duo was excellent.

Our cabin was kept sparkling clean by our ever helpful steward. The restaurant waiters couldn't have tried harder to provide for our different needs.

The itinerary was varied and, here is my only criticism, it would have been nicer if a little more time could have been spent on shore, particularly in Bali.

The thing we didn't like was the way in which some guests treated the staff. I realise that on occasions there were problems with language but how many cruisers could cope with so many languages and dialects? We witnessed some appallingly rude treatment of staff by a variety of nationalities. To these people I say try being polite More and quieter with your requests, shouting is non productive. Also try reading the information sheets in your cabin, you could prevent many of the problems if you showed a little more care and consideration for the environment. Less

Published 01/05/14

Read more Costa Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Victoria Review >>

Cabin review:

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?