“Better then expected!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

anacruise Norwegian Jewel 5 Better then expected!
anacruise
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We went on the NCL Jewel and my family was really pleased. We booked the ocean view. So when I came inside, our cabin came with a free wine bottle! Later that day, a worker knocked the door and gave us free chocolate covered strawberries! Garden Cafe is the cafe on the ship and the food was spectacular! They had over 30 items and they even had Indian and Chinese food! Every evening they had a chocolate fountain in the cafe. One of the nights they had a late night chocolate buffet which was amazing!

I will say, the atrium is not that amazing. When we went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, we had to take a boat to land. The cabins are smaller than the cabins on carnival and they only clean your room 2 times a day. My children enjoyed the towel animals. The kids club was nice and at the end of the cruise they put on a circus! Every day there would be one show that was performed at 7:15 P.M AND at 9:15 PM. The magic and comedy shows were so good. The main dining rooms had food that pretty much was the same like Azura ( a main dining room) might have broiled salmon and T'sars( another main dining room might have baked salmon. One difference was that the Azura was a regular restaurant and T'sars was a fancy restaurant. One thing the children loved was before you go inside Garden Cafe there was a "Washy Washy Guy" and he would give a squirt of hand sanitizer and sing "washy washy is good for you, good for me good for us Washy Washy everyday makes you healthy", in the tune of the nursery rhyme London Bridge. This was a amazing cruise!

Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Obstructed Oceanview

OK8560
The bathroom was tiny but nice. There was a fairly small TV , 1 king sized bed and a bunk bed. You had to stand up on the bed to see the ocean.

Port

We loved Cozumel. We went down town and Diamonds International gave a free Charm bracelet! Other jewelery store either gave free charms or earrings. We had to take a boat to get to land but that was fun. The water is amazing blue in Cozumel.

Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was my favorite. We took a tour and saw dolphins, hell, and a 7 mile beach! The place was so nice with so many malls and shops! I love Grand Cayman!

Published 01/05/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?