Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by anacruise: Better then expected!

Norwegian Jewel 5
Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Better then expected!

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We went on the NCL Jewel and my family was really pleased. We booked the ocean view. So when I came inside, our cabin came with a free wine bottle! Later that day, a worker knocked the door and gave us free chocolate covered strawberries! Garden Cafe is the cafe on the ship and the food was spectacular! They had over 30 items and they even had Indian and Chinese food! Every evening they had a chocolate fountain in the cafe. One of the nights they had a late night chocolate buffet which was amazing!

I will say, the atrium is not that amazing. When we went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, we had to take a boat to land. The cabins are smaller than the cabins on carnival and they only clean your room 2 times a day. My children enjoyed the towel animals. The kids club was nice and at the end of the cruise they put on a circus! Every day there would be one show that was performed at 7:15 P.M AND at 9:15 PM. The magic and comedy shows were so good. The main dining rooms had food that More pretty much was the same like Azura ( a main dining room) might have broiled salmon and T'sars( another main dining room might have baked salmon. One difference was that the Azura was a regular restaurant and T'sars was a fancy restaurant. One thing the children loved was before you go inside Garden Cafe there was a "Washy Washy Guy" and he would give a squirt of hand sanitizer and sing "washy washy is good for you, good for me good for us Washy Washy everyday makes you healthy", in the tune of the nursery rhyme London Bridge. This was a amazing cruise! Less

Published 01/05/14

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: OK8560 Obstructed Oceanview

The bathroom was tiny but nice. There was a fairly small TV , 1 king sized bed and a bunk bed. You had to stand up on the bed to see the ocean.

Read All Obstructed Oceanview (OK) Reviews >>

We loved Cozumel. We went down town and Diamonds International gave a free Charm bracelet! Other jewelery store either gave free charms or earrings. We had to take a boat to get to land but that was fun. The water is amazing blue in Cozumel.

Read 4628 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was my favorite. We took a tour and saw dolphins, hell, and a 7 mile beach! The place was so nice with so many malls and shops! I love Grand Cayman!

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X