Royal Princess Cruise Review by ahlevy1

Royal Princess
Member Name: ahlevy1
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Number: A520
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Royal Princess Nice Time with a Few Issues

Just traveled on the Royal Princess with my family of four and two other families. Over all we had a nice time and it is a beautiful ship but there were a few issues but not deal breakers if we wanted to do this ship again.

Since we were a total of 4 we had a Mini Suite with a Balcony that slept four. We were on the Aloha deck which is deck 12. As everyone has been saying the balconies are quite small and truthfully only one person could be out on it at a time. I felt the room size was fine even with my wife and two boys in it. I have no idea why some of the reviews were going on and on about where the toilet paper was located I would not have ever thought twice about it except I read about it so many times in people's reviews. It is okay right where it is and overall the bathroom was very nice.

The Atrium on the boat reminds me of a high end hotel's lobby...the dining rooms and bars (Crooners especially) were great and if you can make a specialty restaurant reservation please do especially the Crown Grill. One of the best meals ever. The pool area which I was worried about after reading a few reviews was adequate. We cruised over Christmas and can't imagine a busier time and we always got chairs. Now if you are going to go out to the pool at 11:30 and think a chair is going to be waiting for you good luck.

My biggest complaint with this boat and I think everyone on this board has brought it up at some point is there are no stairs mid ship. Now this may not seem like a big deal but we were mid ship and anytime we wanted to go back to our room we had to take an elevator which was a pain in the you know what as it would stop at every floor (as there were no stairs) or had to walk to the very front or very back of the boat to find stairs. Not sure why they did this. If you are thinking of booking this ship try to get a room in the front or back as this will make your trip more enjoyable.

The staff was great all around we had no complaints about anyone.....we did not do any excursions as we like to stay on board when everyone else gets off.

In regard to Disembarkation we needed to get off the ship early as we had a 10AM flight so we were in the first group off at 7AM. I think we were off the boat with our bags and through customs in about 15 minutes total which was great.

All in all everyone in our group had a wonderful time, would we do this boat again probably would we get a room in the same location...no way!

Publication Date: 01/05/14