MSC Divina Cruise Review by Piper Laurie

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: Piper Laurie
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
THE WORST CRUISE I EVER WENT ON. DISAPPOINTING!

Our 10th Anniversary was ruined. No dancing, no romantic dinners, it was a take over of a large and very different group.

All the reviews seem to be the same. The food was less than acceptable. The dinning room Villa Rosa was awful. The food was laughable, the service was nonexistent. The buffet was cafeteria food, it was very salty and tasted like we were eating institutional food. Forget about getting a drink on this cruise. None of the wait staff cared to wait on anyone. The bartenders ignored you. They did keep the tables clean, that's about it. Midnight buffet was hot dog rolls and your choice of tuna fish, chicken salad and egg salad and maybe ham. I was afraid to eat any of it. Where were the ice sculptures the exotic food? This is not what I remember when I cruised with Royal Caribbean.

I first want to say I have nothing against gay/lesbians or drag queens. I didn't expect to vacation with them on a ship for seven days. That should have been my choice. I have friends and family who I love that are gay, so I want to be clear that I have nothing against them what so ever.

We happened to be on a cruise that was inundated with over 2,000 drag queens, and a very large gay and lesbian group. At first I really didn't understand what was going on. But then they took over the ship. There was no where to go for a peaceful relaxing time. The entertainment was just ok. There was no bands or orchestras. Everything was lip sync. The theater show was the same every night, just different theme and costumes. Kind of strange.

The guest services was a joke. They never helped us in any way. They either didn't know or they gave us the run around. They always had the wrong information or no information at all. "Sorry we can't help you".

Don't ask for a wake up call, because you won't get it. They will pretend that they will wake you, but they won't.

The nonsense frat party and drag queen parties that went on day in and day out was to say the least offensive. I literally hid in my cabin and ordered room service. The room service was good by the way, but very limited in choices. Coffee, tea and salad was delicious. I'm not sure where that food came from, but it was certainly so much better than any other food on the ship. The fitness center was top notch as was the spa.

Day one I wanted off that ship. The disgusting display of some of these groups was appalling. I felt bad for the people who had children and elderly parents with them. Some of the things that happened were X rated and I don't feel comfortable putting it in this review.

I felt trapped and disgusted. MSC did the wrong thing allowing these groups to be integrated into the very small population of people who had no idea what they were in for. These groups did not want us on this ship. They took over all of the bars, pool and entertainment areas. Every night they had a theme. One night was Hell. Priests and Nuns dressed like the devil, real nice!!! The stories go on, and way to vile to put on this site. NO ONE WAS TOLD THAT THESE GROUPS WERE GOING TO BE ON THE SHIP. I would have sailed a different day for sure.

We will NEVER ever go on a cruise again. I never want to be put in a position where I spend a lot of money and be trapped with no food or acceptable entertainment. I am disgusted. The service was horrible. You couldn't get a drink at the bar EVER. Food was terrible but I give them an A for cleanliness. Most of the staff could care less about you or understand you. They were all a bunch of miserable people. Except for Angus in the cigar lounge. There was hate crimes going on as well. Security was a joke. But I'm sure these poor German couples are calling their lawyers. Security did nothing but allow situations to escalate. Even when an officer of the ship was called, nothing was done about this situation. What happened was considered a "Hate Crime" in the USA.

I am so done. I don't even want to talk about it anymore. Just watch yourself. I would NEVER recommend MSC, they have no idea what they are doing. Beautiful ship run by robots.

I thank God for our excursions. That was our only solace. But then we had to get back on that God forsaken ship and hide in our cabin.

Peace to all.