Liberty of the Seas 5

atstpier2
Member Since 2011
45 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We are a family of four age 50 with two high school kids. We've travelled extensively and been on Princess, NCL and RCL. We were traveling with an extended family up to age 84. Overall this was my favorite ship, beating out the Princess ships which we love, Epic, and Jewel of the Seas.

We stayed the night before at the Sheraton Airport hotel. It was just ok. It is in need of renovation. Embarkation was a breeze. We ate at Sorrentos. I recommend the cucumber, cream cheese and beef sandwich. The pizza is just ok.

The ship is beautifully maintained. We were in a balcony cabin on deck 6 which seemed to have a bit more room than past balconies we stayed in. We had plenty of storage for two. Our boys stayed in an inside cabin, which was fine. Stewards provided excellent service.

I bought the royal replenishment package which I used extensively. For $20 a day I had a Starbucks quality vanilla latte in the Cafe Promenade every morning, fresh squeezed oj in More Windjammer, juices and virgin smoothies all day plus soda. The airport liquor bottles that somehow made it into my bag went quite nicely with the package!

The pool area is fantastic. We always found a chair, and we appreciated four pools to choose from. This was a big contrast to the Epic which felt crowded with very few pools. Of course NCL dedicates an extensive amount of upper deck space to their super suite people. If you are riding steerage, you are out of luck. The pools are freshwater!

We did not like the windjammer. It was not laid out well. It always felt crowded and stressful for breakfast. On our last morning we had breakfast in the MDR -much much better. The MDR had a similar breakfast buffet plus a menu with no crowds. We ate in the MDR every night. The food was good, and the staff was excellent.

The entertainment was good. We really liked the ice show. In the Air is ok. It is no Cirque show, but entertaining. Saturday Night Fever is a bit long, but the ending is fun.

The casino is very nice with friendly dealers.

In Cozumel we caught a cab to Chankanaab for $11. Entry into the park is $21. We enjoyed the park. The sea lion show is very entertaining. The service was good. The snorkeling was fine. They also had nice beach chairs under umbrellas. We arrived ahead of the excursions and had our choice of chairs. We were glad we didn't do an excursion. They looked like herded cattle standing around for the next activity or waiting for a bus. We like to catch a cab and go!

I would definitely book the Liberty again. Less

Published 01/05/14

Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?