Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Snugs5: Wonderful cruise!

Snugs5
Member Since 2013

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

I sailed on the NCL Dawn Dec. 8-15 and had a wonderful time. I flew down to Tampa two days early and stayed at the airport Hilton Garden Inn. Included was a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise terminal since I booked the hotel stay through NCL. Embakation took a very long time since the lines in the Tampa terminal were so long. Given that the security line itself was long, I don't think this was NCL's fault totally.

Once onboard, the atmosphere on the ship was charged with excitement. Crew members were all smiling and friendly. The crew made this cruise so enjoyable since they all were eager to please and wanted passangers to have a good time. I never once saw a crew member the entire week that wasn't smiling and/or asking if there was anything I needed.

The muster drill was also very easy. Rather than having passangers go to an assigned place outside on deck (where it was hot and humid), we were assigned stations throughout the ship inside, where we could sit down More in comfort.

I had an aft penthouse suite on deck 10 that had a huge balcony! Two padded lounge chairs and small table still left plenty of room to move around. The amenties that came with the suite were well worth the extra cost! Some of those were having a bulter, breakfast and lunch daily for haven and suite guests only at Cagney's, an expanded room service menu, a bottle of chilled bubbly waiting in the cabin, a fancy coffee maker, and snacks delivered every afternoon by the butler. Suite guests also had priority tenders, disembarkment, and seats reserved in the theater for shows.

This is the second time I've sailed on the Dawn, and this experience was just as wonderful as the first. I celebrated my birthday embarkment day and the crew that I came into contact with all made me feel very special. I can't say enough good things about this ship! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 10726

My aft penthouse suite was wonderful on deck 10. It was located under the spa so it was quiet.