Azura Cruise Review by Tom1-1: Fantastic Christmas at sea

Cabin Not Rated

Fantastic Christmas at sea

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Barbados

We loved the idea of spending Christmas away so having done 2 cruises preciously the Caribbean seamed perfect.

The flight was perfect mainly down to the new Dreamliner, I can honestly say we felt refreshed even after a nine hour flight.

We opted for an inside cabin which was perfect, the steward Ebison was very good. Great location on deck 12.

We choose the 6.30 dinning in Peninsula, shared a table of eight. The waiters were great, worked extremely hard and always served you with a smile. The food was great, and the wine was particularly good value. The waiting staff made Christmas Day very enjoyable and the Turkey was lovely.

The entertainment was generally good, my only suggestion would be to have more comedians and less singers but that's a personal thing. The Headliners are superb, very talented performers. The cruise director, Neil Oliver was very good especially at the sale away parties. Being very patriotic I loved the great British sail More away.

I choose to do the behind the scenes tour which included a 3 hour guided tour of the ship. This involved a visit to the print room, engine control room, storage areas, galley, theatre and culminated in half an hour on the bridge with the captain then champagne and canapés.

We spent time in all the ports however we chose to arrange trips ourselves, the P&O trips were quite expensive.

We heard a number of people complaining about various things however I think you need to understand you don't pay 5 star money to travel on a P&O cruise. Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>