Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Mkrpetdoc: Very disappointing.

Mkrpetdoc
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Very disappointing.

Sail Date: December 2013

Not a luxury cruise, not a fun ship, public areas insufficient for number of passengers, horrid music, ugly art, mediocre food, uncomfortable beds, indifferent service.

We have taken multiple cruises on other lines, Oceania and Holland America are our favorite lines. This was our third Caribbean cruise and our first on Celebrity. Our poor impressions started at the terminal and were reinforced throughout the 10 days. Before describing the ship, let me say that we enjoyed all five stops immensely. The Equinox however, not so much. We had a total of 4 sea days. The pool is tiny, lounge chairs for close to 3000 people are wedged into every available crevice. The huge 'adult pool' complex adjoining, although beautiful, has a permanently closed roof and unpleasant humid chlorinated air. Server to guest ratios are very low compared to other comparably priced boats, long lines for food and drinks, dinner etc.

I found the cabin too small, bed too short, sheets and blankets More motel quality. Storage was limited and inadequate. The bathroom tiny, the deck unusable due to a loud whistling sound. Prepaid tips insured the bed was made and the bathroom clean but anonymously.

The best part of the public areas was the huge Skybar at the front of the ship with panoramic views. Unfortunately during EVERY port departure it was closed for 5-7pm private party of about 30 people (Elite members). EVERY DEPARTURE! every sunset sail.

Food was mediocre. Breakfasts were fine, comparable to any line. It was often difficult to find something appealing for lunch and dinner. Service in the open seating dining room varied. Because we prepaid for drinks it was impossible to actually get one with dinner. Multiple martins ordered at the table were never served.

Lastly I'd like to comment on communication with the cruise line prior to our trip. I booked online about a month before the sail date. I had nothing but headaches, multiple charging issues (I had two rooms), constant emails with erroneous info etc. I actually paid for the trip four times via phone- I'd pay (Amex) in full and then get an email confirming and then an email or call a few days later stating that money was

owed and start the entire process again.

Finally- they didn't pick us up from a $200 per person golf outing. No apology, no refund for taxi, just left 16 people stranded. That was a first in my cruise experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox 7207

Too small, inadequate storage, uncomfortable bed, cheap quality amenities and linens