Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lbt43: Excellent Cruise!

lbt43
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Excellent Cruise!

Sail Date: December 2013

The EPIC was great. It was the second time on the EPIC this year and I would have to say it was better the second time around! I will try and go through it in order for you.

Embark - Pretty easy. Make sure you go to the correct terminal, because the SMS staff will make you go anyway. This was annoying, however it didn't matter. The line at security went quick, however, I noticed that security is getting more tight, which again, is annoying. The last thing I want to see is TSA at cruise terminals. The chick in was easy and smooth. Took about 5 minutes, no wait.

Day 1 - I went directly to Osheehans and had food in front of me within 10 minutes. A nice tasty burger. I watched people shuffle around and try and find their way around the beautiful, christmas decorated, EPIC.

Day 2 - At Sea. This is a day to get to know the ship. I got up around 9 and had breakfast at Taste. I thought it was great! The service was good, but Taste was busy, so, it took a bit longer More than I would have liked. They did keep me in coffee and water while I waited. Taste closes for breakfast at 10:30A so, if you want to enjoy a meal, get there by 9:45 at the latest.

After breakfast, 11A I went and played in the poker tourny. $100 buy in and you start with 2000 chips. Its a luck tourny, but still fun. The rest of the day was spent freely.

Lets skip ahead to St. Maarten - What a great port. We went ashore and did two activities on our own. We started with a jet ski for an hour which was $100 for two people. It was fun and the jet ski was in good condition. We fell off once, which was fun, but it was hard to get back up on the ski in the choppy waves. After that we went parasailing with NO1SXM. What a great ride! 800 feet up and the view was amazing. After that, we walked around front street and enjoyed some shopping.

St. Thomas - Amazing as usual. We went over to St. John and visited Cinnamon bay and then to Trunk bay. Absolutely beautiful and worth the trouble. Make sure to watch your time! The EPIC is all aboard at 3p and we got there in the nick of time.

At Sea - This night we went to Teppenyaki which was amazing! We enjoyed some of the public areas and the much needed relaxation.

Nassau - Before we got off the ship, we went down the slides, they are great! I suggest doing the slides if you normally don't do that sort of thing. In port, we went to Fat Tuesdays after a walk to the beach, then we took a ferry over to Atlantis. The rum drinks at the ferry terminal on the paradise end is amazing. You get a ton of rum, but it is made well.

Disembark - We waited to be some of the last people off the ship. The line was long at customs, however, it went quickly. No pain. We parked at the terminal, so we were out quickly. Parking at the terminal is $140 for the week.

A note about the food. I thought all the food was amazing. My favorites were La Cucina and Tepenyaki had amazing food. La Cucina has an amazing atmosphere! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 9005

I liked the cabin. It was narrow, but workable. The balcony is huge! The bathroom situation on the EPIC isnt great, but its fine. Don't let it spoil your trip.

Not my favorite port but there are things to do there. You can find an excursion yourself or take one with the cruise line. You can walk around and go shopping, or you could go up to Fort Fincastle. The port itself is annoying as the have created a very small customs building where they make everyone go to leave and come back to the ship. It is very very annoying. Make sure you leave yourself at least 15 minutes to get through that nightmare on your way back. Also, Bahamas requires you bring your ID as well as your room key. LAME.

Read 2605 Nassau Reviews

St. Maarten is fun. The port itself has neat shops and all the transportation is right there. My advice is take the water taxi to front street and anjoy the shops and the beach. There are pleanty of other things to see and do, though!

St. Thomas is great. So many possibilities. We went over to St. John which was great. Lots of beaches and scenery. It does take a lot of time to get there, so, if that is not your bag, there is plenty to do in St. Thomas itself. Beaches, snorkle, shop. its up to you!

Read 2317 St. Thomas Reviews