Crown Princess Cruise Review by Lawnquilt: Slightly disappointed

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Slightly disappointed

Sail Date: December 2013

Flew down a night before and stayed at Lago Mar Resort. Lovely place. Had an awesome room. Food left a bit to be desired but room and property made up for it.

Embarkation went smooth. Dining room server Nancy was wonderful. I have some food allergies and ask to have very plain plates. She got it right each and every time! Very happy with her and her assistant server (name eludes me but she was from Peru). I didn't feel so hot the last evening of the cruise so went to the room - Joaquim the head waiter in our area made sure that my dinner was sent to the room as well as my husband's birthday cake. That was very sweet.

We didn't go to any of the shows or bars but did go to the casino. The slot machines are pretty outdated compared to the casinos. Every night we were greeted by an awesome bar server - Carlos. He was such a wonderful guy, delightful to speak to and very attentive to making sure my glass was never empty!

Food - we alternated between dining room More and buffet. I ordered the filet mignon medallions - belch, they tasted like yesterday's filets and the fettuccine alfredo that was supposed to be in a parmagane (sp) bowl..yeah right, was lucky there was sauce (and barely that) on top of the fettuccine. To be fair, the short ribs were awesome though.

It looks like Princess has the tender disembarkation organized - best I've seen in 25+ cruises. I loved all our ports.

Did Zumba in the Club Fusion. Quite crowded. As a 4 day a week Zumba attendee - I think I would recommend that the instructor "read the room" a little and try to have some routines that were a little more friendly to people trying it who might be not active at home, or the older crowd - which was more prevalent on this ship.

The deck chairs in the back of the ship are not in that great of a condition. As veteran cruises of 25+ cruisers, we are quite respectful of the deck chair saving policy. We left our chairs at 10 minutes to 12 (I purposely looked at the time) to go to bathroom, grab some pizza and come back. We got back at 12:22 and there was a couple already in our chairs - sitting on OUR towels, and on top of our stuff. We asked for help from the bar server and then asked for security but after almost 20 min no one came. I know many of you will say that I am in the wrong - and if I was gone for 45 min, you would be right. I am talking within minutes.

Our cabin was D702. it was ok - except that the mattresses were very used and had clear indentations on them (if you flip once in a while it won't be that bad!) and I had to ask for an egg crate. And my biggest thing….AIR CONDITIONING felt like it would be shut off after midnight.

We did the carry off luggage in Ft Lauderdale and it went smooth. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess D702

Seemed like AC would be shut off after midnight. Bed was horrible. Had to ask for an egg crate on top of mattress.