Royal Princess Cruise Review by bdtp12487: First Time on Princess Was A Success

Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

First Time on Princess Was A Success

Sail Date: December 2013

This was my 4th cruise (2x RCCI 1x Norweigian) and my husbands 2nd, neither of us had been on Princess before, but since the ship was brand new and we'd heard good things about it we decided to choose it over the Allure (leaving the same day from FLL). I must say that we are still going on the Allure but the Royal Princess was great!!

****The largest normal category balcony room is E125 (Emerald Deck-check the floor plan). Its built over some kind of door or other structure, but it is probably 2x the size of the other balconies on the deck! We were the envy of our deck :)

Dining: All were great! We tried every restaurant and they were all great especially Crowne Grill and Sabbatin'is (the pappradelle pasta is delish!) We had anytime dining and it worked out well. Grace was our server at Concerto and she remembered my birthday even though we didn't go there that night! Horizon Court was yummy, seating wasn't bad. It was a buffet, nothing more, nothing less. The More chocolate fountain was great as was the ice cream parlor on the pool deck (they've got sprinkles if you ask!!)! Alfredo's was also great, I'm weird and don't like cheese and they made my pizza sans cheese just like in Italy!

Entertainment: The shows were great, I really loved the singers and dancers. We also liked the smaller shows (Ye Olde Pub Night, Dangerous Hour) too! Our comedian was hilarious and David Catz blew us away at both shows! The movies under the stars were perfect, Popcorn, cookies and milk, ice cream and blankets!! I could've stayed all night!

Staff: The staff was great and so friendly. They all either love their jobs or do a damn good job pretending! Sam and Ryan and the entire cruise directors staff were also great!

Would we choose Princess again? Probably, but only this ship or newer/larger as we are fans of big ships! We will probably do the Allure/Oasis or Quantum first though, but we will definitely be back aboard the Royal. The people writing the negative reviews just want to complain, it's a cruise vacation on a great line, enjoy yourself :) Less

Published 01/02/14

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: E125

Larger balcony than the others! Looks like E130 has it too. These rooms are the way to go!

bdtp12487
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X