Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by clarkr194

Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: clarkr194
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Not up to Carnival's usual standards!

This was cruise 15 with Carnival. It was not even close to what it should have been. They need a lot of work from almost everyone on this ship. The problems are numerous. I can list four good things. Embarkation and Disembarkation both went smooth. The luggage was delivered the fastest I have ever seen. The burgers are great.

Now for a few of what was wrong.

1. The ship left port 3 hours late.

2. My cabin or my balcony was not as clean as it should have been. My carpet was wet and I reported it. It stayed wet for 3 days.

3.The service in the dining room was the worst I have ever had on any ship. Dinner is my family's favorite time on any cruise. We have assigned seating and time which we request. The eat when you want seems to be a big problem as the line outside was always very long. It is also a problem having people to wait on that are seated in your area at all different times. They can't keep up and nothing moves smoothly.

As the week went on it became a joke as to whose food would not get there. Every night something one of us ordered would never arrive.What was suppose to be hot was not. The wait for dessert was so long more than one night we just got up and left. For the first time ever I changed my tips to exclude the dining room.

4. My cabin steward was overworked. Three nights of the cruise we had already turned in before she showed up to turn the beds down and make the little animal.

5.The very worst thing only effects people on decks 7 and 8 on the back of the ship. If you have booked one of these cabins, move!!! They have music in the Havana Bar above these cabins. I am not sure it's music it is like being trapped in a room where all you hear from 10 to 2 or 3 in the morning is the sound of boom boxes and when that finally stop another 45 minutes of moving furniture.

When I returned after this cruise I canceled the one I had already booked for June. I am sure we will cruise again but need time to get over this one.

Publication Date: 01/02/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by clarkr194
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review