Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by nickyplumb: Best cruise yet

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best cruise yet

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our third Carnival cruise, and the best yet. Let's start at the port, we purchased FTTF, it was great, we were in boarding group 2 right after the weddings and plat/dia cruisers. We were on the ship in no time, dumped our bags in our room, which was 1067 right by the forward pool on panarama deck, and in the pool with a drink by noon. Had lunch at the fish and chips, staked out a couple of loungers right by the pool. Tipped our waiter a 10 and told him not to let the drinks run out, I had to stop him after a while or we wouldn't have made it to the safety briefing. Our room was great, clean and plenty of room. me our room steward right off the bat, he was great kept our ice filled and our towels dry, great towel animals too. The food was pretty good, about what I expected, kinda like a decent family restaurant at home. I don't cruise Carnival for gourmet food, I cruise for the fun, that being said the food was always hot and service was fast. The only place that was slow was More the Mongolian wok, it's not their fault but there are only 2 guys cooking for everyone, it took us over an hour to get our food, we only ate there once, the food was good though. Our dining room wait staff was awesome, shout out to head waiter Joel, and assistant waiters, Supardi (super D and his card tricks) and Taras. They knew what we liked, kept our glasses full and entertained us nightly.

The ship looks pretty good, a lot of people say she's really gaudy, I liked her lot. (plan on going again next year). We only made it to one show, Ticket to ride, it was pretty good. Our favorite entertainment on the ship was the band "Music Degree" they are a really good rock coverband, they made my 11 yr old feel like he was part of the band, he wanted to see them everynight, (imagine our surprise when they were the Beatles in Ticket to ride).

Didn't go to the casino so no comment there. The only thing I didn't like was the layout of the ship, it took me a few days to remember that you can't get from fore to aft on the 3rd or 4th floor, and the 5th floor hallway was always packed with photographers. There were some chair hogs as usual, but not too bad. The ports were great, we stopped in St.Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau.

We did Carnival excursion on two of them. On St Thomas we did the shopping and beach day, not really worth the money, we could have caught a cab and done the same thing for less, and had more time at the beach. On Antigua we used Scenic tours Antigua, for a tour of the island and an all inclusive pass to pineapple beach, this was an awesome tour and I cannot recommend Sean and his crew more.

On Tortola we again did a Carnival excursion, the Virgin Island sailaway. It was a catamaran snorkel tour, it was alot of fun and worth the money (try the bushwacker on the beach mmmm.

We just walked around on Nassau for about an hour, none of the tours really interested us. Embarkation was easy, we used the luggage express as we had a long wait for our flight. As luck would have it we were one of 3 cabins selected for a random customs inspection, this turned out to be a good thing, they took us right to the front of the line, the people from customs were great and didn't even blink at all my booze. We were out of much sooner than if we had waited in the loooong lines at the regular stations. We did use luggae express and it saved us a lot of hassles as our flight was at 5:30 pm. All in all this was the best cruise yet, and we are already planning the next one, "Funville cruise anyone". If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or e-mail me. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Panorama 1067

Room was great location was awesome.