Aurora Cruise Review by zlm1987

Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Number: A304
See More About: Aurora Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Aurora Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Aurora Deck Plans
Fantastic Holiday!

I was really shocked to read the previous reviews on here slating Aurora & P&O, and I was even more shocked by the amount of 'pretend snobs' on board.

There is not one thing me and my partner could complain about.

We were through check-in in Southampton & in our cabin within 20 minutes of being dropped of.

We sat in the smoking area by the Orangery! Yes we are dirty smokers, get over it!

I drank a lush cocktail as we sailed away we then went back to the cabin which was immaculate (inside cabin on A deck)

Shower and bathroom were very clean.

Food was great every night. If you are wanting to dress up and go and discuss how much better you are than everyone else the front of the ship has several areas for you to do so.

We were placed on a table of 8.

We never used this, we ate with several other lovely people we met on board.

Every evening there was a different menu in all the restaurants, - hearing people say they 'wouldnt feed their do the food' made me really mad! There was something for everybody. Kids have an earlier dining time but could go to the Orangery with their parents in the evening if preferred.

The sidewalk cafe by the swimming pool was great, as was the swimming pool and the hot tubs!

We only used the indoor ones (it was december!!) No complaints whatsoever!!!

The spa looked nice - we looked around but never had any treatments, the staff were friendly and not pushy in any way. Same with the gym instructors. My partner used the gym a couple of times and it is very well equipped and maintained (so he tells me!!)

The staff were great and a couple in particular really made our holiday!

They all work so hard, and this shows. Most were very smiley all the time, helpful at showing us where certain parts of the ship were. Our cabin steward was excellent. The cabin was cleaned in the morning and evening, but this is optional (you can place a resting card in your door if you dont want to be distrubed)

Room service was excellent, quick, and a good varied menu! The hot chocolate is one of the best we've tasted! Has to be tried! Cafe Bordeaux serve it from 10:30pm - 7am or you can order a pot to your room (included in your holiday price)

We joined in the bingo games, and played slots in the casino several times! Both great fun!

Drinks were priced very fairly, and they sell a great selection of duty free on board. Again, you cant complain! I will say the price of coke and lemonade was quite high but several other passengers had brought their own on board and there was no problem with this.

Our ports were Belgium, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg & Oslo.

Each one of them was fantastic!

Gothenburg was the quietest city and i must say not one id make an effort to revisit, but that's just my opinion, several other cruisers who went on trips loved it!

The christmas markets were so pretty! Very busy, lots of choirs and street acts. It was a great time to go and experience European christmas! The do it better than us brits!

We didnt take our 3 children on this holiday, it was our first without them!! We spoke to the staff and other parents on board and the children have loads to do! Theres an outside playarea and pool for kids, wii area, indoor play and babysitting service for the evenings if needed.

We will be booking with our children next time and i know they'll love it.

As ive said several times a fantastic experience, we met some great people, ate delicious food, visited great ports and were treated like guests from the minute we began check-in.

Thank You to p&o and the Aurora staff.

---- I will say that if you do think you are above other people, and your money is better than others book elsewhere! Most of the 'pretend rich snobs' had a really terrible time, i'm sure they'll be along shortly to let you know!!!

Publication Date: 01/02/14